Guiding Light board

KS (Fester)*
Will- I need your help.  You know that I am the owner of the Nabble Board.  I am going through a very nasty divorce and my husband disconnected my Comcast account and I lost all of my email memory.  Had to change my email address.  Now I have no rights to change or control anything on the GL board.  Plus it shows Fester-2 now.  How can we correct this?  My new email address is ksalbrigh3@comcast.net.  Same email address except minus the "t" on Albright now.  Thanks, KS ( Fester)
Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Guiding Light board

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi KS, before we try to use the new account, let me ask you something. What happens when you go to https://login.comcast.net/login and put your old email and password? If you can login, then you can continue to use that account. You will also be able to login on Nabble with the old email and password. Please let me know what you think.

Re: Guiding Light board

KS (Fester)*
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Hi KS, before we try to use the new account, let me ask you something. What happens when you go to https://login.comcast.net/login and put your old email and password? If you can login, then you can continue to use that account. You will also be able to login on Nabble with the old email and password. Please let me know what you think.
Because that account no longer exists, I no longer can even access my address book from there. I have lost all of that information also.  If I go to Comcast and put my old email address in, it says that email address is already taken but yet I cannot access it.   Further, I am not receiving any email alerts from my board.  I also tried to delete a post and couldn't do that either.  I have also lost all of my 6000 plus posts.  Comcast is a different breed, I have gone through this same thing before when I moved.
Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Guiding Light board

KS (Fester)*
Hey Hugh or Will- do you think you can fix my problem?  I can't do any administrative things on the board at all.  Can't even edit one of my posts under the original Fester.  I change the Birthday Thread every month and it won't let me.  Thanks, KS
Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Guiding Light board

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi KS, let's fix your problem. We can't have two user accounts with the same email address. So you have to either give me another email address to be used by the old account (option 1) or I will transfer the email from your new account to the old account (option 2 -- in this case, you won't be able to login with your new account anymore). We can't merge your old posts with the new account, so you have to decide and let us know what you prefer.

Re: Guiding Light board

KS (Fester)*
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Hi KS, let's fix your problem. We can't have two user accounts with the same email address. So you have to either give me another email address to be used by the old account (option 1) or I will transfer the email from your new account to the old account (option 2 -- in this case, you won't be able to login with your new account anymore). We can't merge your old posts with the new account, so you have to decide and let us know what you prefer.
My new email address is ksalbrigh3@comcast.net.  That's under KS (Fester)*  I need to be able to use the old account so that I can update information on the board and get the administrative power back.  The old email address was ksalbright3@comcast.net and that was for KS (Fester).
Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Guiding Light board

Hugo <Nabble>
But the old email is dead, right?
The problem is that you can't have two accounts with just one email. So I need another good email to replace the old dead email. Do you have another email account for this purpose?

Re: Guiding Light board

KS (Fester)*
They do not have the same email address.  The old one was ksalbright3@comcast.net .  The new one is ksalbrigh3@comcast.net.    If it would be easier, we could use a gmail address on the old account.  I don't want the new account, I want the old one where it recognizes me as the owner of the board.  Thanks, KS
Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Guiding Light board

Hugo (Nabble)
I know they have different addresses. We just need a new email for the old account. Please give me the new address (e.g. from gmail) so that I can fix the old account.

Re: Guiding Light board

KS (Fester)*
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
But the old email is dead, right?
The problem is that you can't have two accounts with just one email. So I need another good email to replace the old dead email. Do you have another email account for this purpose?
Try fester3@gmail.com
Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Guiding Light board

KS (Fester)*
KS (Fester)* wrote
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
But the old email is dead, right?
The problem is that you can't have two accounts with just one email. So I need another good email to replace the old dead email. Do you have another email account for this purpose?
Try fester3@gmail.com
DISREGARD!  I just got done with Comcast and they have restored my old email address of ksalbright3@comcast.net but when I went to my profile and changed the email address back to the old one and tried to remove the (*) after KS (Fester) it said that name already exists and to pick another.  So that's where I am stuck now.
Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Guiding Light board

Hugo <Nabble>
You already have an account with the user name "KS (Fester)", so you should just login with that account and use it.

Re: Guiding Light board

KS (Fester)*
It won't let me go to that account.

You already have an account with the user name "KS (Fester)", so you should just login with that account and use it.

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Guiding-Light-board-tp3894666p3933138.html
To unsubscribe from Re: Guiding Light board, click here.

Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Guiding Light board

Hugo <Nabble>
KS (Fester)* wrote
It won't let me go to that account.
Why? Just go to http://n2.nabble.com/user/Login.jtp and enter your old email and password.

Re: Guiding Light board

KS (Fester)*
Hey Hugo- I did what you said and it is still pulling up the new account with KS (Fester) and the (*).  I cannot access my old account at all.  Thanks, KS
Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Guiding Light board

Hugo <Nabble>
The account without the start (*) has the email without the "t" (ksalbrigh3). Please login with this account and you will see the "KS (Fester)" name on the top right.

Re: Guiding Light board

KS (Fester)*
Hey Hugo- I did what you said and so far it works!  Thank you!  Now do I need to do that same thing everytime that I go to the board?

The account without the start (*) has the email without the "t" (ksalbrigh3). Please login with this account and you will see the "KS (Fester)" name on the top right.

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Guiding-Light-board-tp3894666p3940548.html
To unsubscribe from Re: Guiding Light board, click here.

Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Guiding Light board

Hugo <Nabble>
You can keep the two accounts ready for you in the upper right dropdown.
Here you can find more info: http://n2.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=50

Re: Guiding Light board

KS (Fester)*
Thanks Hugo for fixing me!  All seems to be working fine again.  KS