Growing nabble forum, google search

cowmoo
Hi guys,

I am deciding to use nabble for my website business as a form of marketing and let it grow on itself. However I will like to ask how do others know about my forum when the tread is not visible/search by search engine?

Re: Growing nabble forum, google search

GregChapman
First, I assume that you have used this link:
http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl
Other search engines have similar pages.

Then you need to work hard to ensure that your sites has the features that will make it rise to the top in search results. Read up on "Search Engine Optimisation".

"Grow by itself" is a bit naive. Web sites need a lot of work to ensure that they stay at the top of the rankings.

Yes i understand this. however does googlde capture each tread by itself? or only www.mysite.com/forum (using iframe)

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 5:23 PM, GregChapman [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
First, I assume that you have used this link:
http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl
Other search engines have similar pages.

Then you need to work hard to ensure that your sites has the features that will make it rise to the top in search results. Read up on "Search Engine Optimisation".
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Growing-nabble-forum-google-search-tp6585982p6586351.html
To unsubscribe from Growing nabble forum, google search, click here.

Thanks
Joseph

Re: Growing nabble forum, google search

GregChapman
cowmoo wrote
Yes i understand this. however does googlde capture each tread by itself? or
only www.mysite.com/forum (using iframe)
It can. Google's spiders will follow every link they can. But - big but - It will take time.

On a small site, it used to be said that it takes Google several weeks to revisit a site after its initial crawling and to ensure that it doesn't swamp a site, it will only crawl a small proportion of it on each visit.

The main thing that will get you ranking, other than a site with relevant titles to pages and the URL are links from other sites. So get working on making sure the world knows about your site and get real web master to choose to link to your site, without you having to link back to them.

There's lots more advice on SEO focussed sites. Read them and follow the best advice.

Re: Growing nabble forum, google search

mywaytoo
Make sure that you have NOT selected to 'Hide contents from search engines'...

As Admin and from the outermost layer of Nabble, select: Options > Application > Change Appearance > And scroll down to 'Extra Features'.
Anne

Re: Growing nabble forum, google search

cowmoo
Thanks for the help! I understand it better after setting up a forum. =)

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Growing-nabble-forum-google-search-tp6585982p6588394.html