Google ranking loss by the migration from Tetra-WebBBS to Nabble?

Google ranking loss by the migration from Tetra-WebBBS to Nabble?

ineitzke
Example: Site with Google PageRank 4 like Korrekturen.de.

How pronounced and how persistent you estimate the risk of loss for the excellent Google ranking in the forum sub-pages?

The following answers are known:
n5.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=27
n5.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=40
support.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=5621697&query=ranking+%28google+OR+engines%29&days=0
Ez.com/ingo

Re: Google ranking loss by the migration from Tetra-WebBBS to Nabble?

Hugo <Nabble>
I am not sure I understand the issue. Are you worried about replacing your archives with a new Nabble archive or do you plan to keep both archives available (yours and Nabble's)? We haven't heard about pagerank issues recently. The most common problem is that google takes a long time to discover the Nabble archives, but this can be easily solved by importing a sitemap into analytics. We can help you with that if you need. Please let us know what you think.

Re: Google ranking loss by the migration from Tetra-WebBBS to Nabble?

ineitzke
TX, Hugo. Yes: replacing archives with a new Nabble archive.
My German is better:
Mein Ziel ist es anderen Leuten ihre Angst zu nehmen,  wenn sie von Tetra-WebBBS zu Nabble umsteigen wollen. Natürlich nur, falls die Angst vor langfristiger Verschlechterung der guten Google-Platzierung ihrer Forumsunterseiten unberechtigt ist.
Verstehe ich richtig, dass mit Import der Sitemap in Google Analytics diese Bedenken unnötig sind?
Ez.com/ingo

Re: Google ranking loss by the migration from Tetra-WebBBS to Nabble?

Hugo <Nabble>
The sitemap import will help google find the contents, but it is not guaranteed that the results will be on the first page. The pagerank of each post in the old archive will be lost if the old archive is deleted. So ideally you should place links to the new Nabble archive so that google can move the pagerank to the new pages and keep the results on top.