Google Doesn't Find My Forum's Content

Re: Google Doesn't Find My Forum's Content

haozwang<Nabble>
It’s all nabble forums across the board

Re: Google Doesn't Find My Forum's Content

Gary Lewis
Thanks!
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Google Doesn't Find My Forum's Content

Gary Lewis
Things are looking positive.  Notice on the screen shot that the fetch of the base forum ("/") on Jan 25th was redirected and drew an orange exclamation point.  And, while the indexing was requested it never happened or we could have found things.

But, as of tonight your fetch, Peter, completed successfully and the indexing should happen since it wasn't redirected.  I'll monitor the indexing by doing my search for that specific string every few hours, but I'll bet that within 36 hours the indexing will have been done.

Thanks!!!

I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Google Doesn't Find My Forum's Content

GregChapman
There's been a move! I have just done this search:

seahawk site:968426.n3.nabble.com/

plus two others that added the terms "hull" or "sail" and each time I got four images to turn up as well as the forum home page.

The four images are the first four posted to the forum gallery at:
http://seahawk-forum.968426.n3.nabble.com/Gallery-f1624462.html

Hopefully, Google will crawl further in the coming days.

Good!  I can't tell that mine's been crawled yet as nothing is showing up in the searches I've done.  But I have confidence it will since the submit didn't come back as re-directed.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Google Doesn't Find My Forum's Content

Gary Lewis
My forum has not yet been indexed.  But, we are only 26 hours after the request, and on the Test forum it took 36 hours.  Maybe in the morning.......

I'm searching for "My 4-door diesel project has a hopeless case of what Gary would call scope creep."  I'm placing it in quotes, as shown, and using the "verbatim" function on Chrome.  Right now it finds two instances - this thread and my Test Forum.  But we are looking for it on the Bulnose Forum or forum.garysgaragemahal.com.

I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Google Doesn't Find My Forum's Content

Gary Lewis
Things are looking up!  I found this as of this morning.  Still doesn't find the "My 4-door diesel project....", but it is finding some things.  And, it is finding associated pictures/emoticons.

Google Analytics shows zero pages indexed on the production forum as of 02/11, but it was late that day that Peter submitted it for indexing.  Analytics always runs two or three days behind, so I expect to see indexing results showing tomorrow for yesterday - if that makes sense.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Google Doesn't Find My Forum's Content

Gary Lewis
Google Analytics is still showing the indexing data for the 11th, and nothing has been indexed according to that.  But,  since the request for indexing wasn't done until 7 PM on the 11th I'm guessing that the data point had already been taken by that time.

Having said that, some indexing is happening.  And, it appears to be taking place from most recent toward the past.  The post found below was made on the 10th at midday, but a later post that night can also be found.  However, posts from the next day, the 11th, on the same topic aren't yet being found.

But, I'm seeing progress.

Google Analytics is still showing data for the 11th as the most recent, so there's no proof it is being indexed.  It is as I can find some things, but still waiting.......
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Google Doesn't Find My Forum's Content

GregChapman
My position is the same.

I'm still getting just the forum home page and the four images I reported earlier on my searches.

Re: Google Doesn't Find My Forum's Content

Gary Lewis
Houston, we have a problem.  Google Search Console shows that they've indexed 10% of the 170 pages they've found, with 127 having redirects.  It looks like Google isn't buying the hack.

And, there are 26 pages that are said to have a noindex tag on them.  See the second screen grab.  But all of these should be indexed as well.

So, it looks like the hack is only 10% successful.  Which would explain why you aren't seeing any improvement, Greg.

haozwang<Nabble>
Let me look into this

Note that I used the Beta version of Search Console to get that info.  The standard version of Search Console still is not showing anything whatsoever for indexing.  I don't understand why there's a difference, but at least Beta is showing it.  So, if you need anything please let me know.

haozwang<Nabble>
I did an experiment as this hack is done on the NAML code..apparently the hack only works if its the rootnode or if theres a parameter in the url... inquiring with franklin on how to get around it.

Thanks for the quick response.  Hope it is an easy fix.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Google Doesn't Find My Forum's Content

Gary Lewis
Houston, we have less of a problem.  Google has indexed another 84 pages, and the total has gone from 170 to 285.  But there are still 147 pages with redirects, which is up from 127.  And there are 37 excluded with no-index tags, which is up from 26.

I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Google Doesn't Find My Forum's Content

GregChapman
Still no change on my search:

seahawk hull site:968426.n3.nabble.com/

Just the home page and the same four images from the Gallery sub-forum.

Re: Google Doesn't Find My Forum's Content

Gary Lewis
No change on my indexing in the last two days.  Still 101 pages "valid" and 184 excluded, with 147 of those being re-directed and 37 having a no-index tag.

Peter - Any news on what Franklin is finding?  I'm seeing traffic to my forum picking up, surely because people can now find 1/3 of the pages.  But it would help if they could find all of it.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Google Doesn't Find My Forum's Content

haozwang<Nabble>
Hi Gary, according to franklin the way nabble works is that when it gets the link of a topic from a forum, it redirects itself:
/second-post-tp3.html
will redirect to:
/second-post-td3.html

I don't know how much influence it might have on the indexing...

Re: Google Doesn't Find My Forum's Content

haozwang<Nabble>
Hi Greg, I have added you and the seahawk site to google analytics. I requested index and see how it goes. you should get email about it
123456