Forum width when embedded

avd

Forum width when embedded

avd
I'd expect the forum to respect the available space when embedded, but it doesn't. It narrows a bit but not enough.
http://webbrewers.com/forum.aspx
 I'd address this in the css but I prefer not specifying width if possible.
GET MORE OUT OF OFFICE 365!
Custom applications and site design.
Blogs, drop down menus, image galleries and more.
webbrewers.com
Our Nabble forum

Re: Forum width when embedded

GregChapman
Have you sorted this, because I can't see a problem.
avd

Re: Forum width when embedded

avd
Hi Gregg,
Thanks for responding.
No, the "views" column and right border still get cut off on the right when looking at the topics page.
You can see what I mean on a full width page - it looks like this (at the bottom of the page):
http://webbrewers.com/test9.aspx

It seems okay when you open a topic.
GET MORE OUT OF OFFICE 365!
Custom applications and site design.
Blogs, drop down menus, image galleries and more.
webbrewers.com
Our Nabble forum

Re: Forum width when embedded

Peter <Nabble>
It may be a problem with your site's code. Maybe you put the embed code in a component or something that ignore the boundaries for being in another layer.
Just as a test, try placing a borderless table around it and see if it fixes the problem. If it does, then it's something with your code.
If you don't limit your table's width I'm pretty sure it will go off boundaries too.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Forum width when embedded

☪Not_A_Admin
'Change menu colours' can be made into a little drop down box and moved towards the bottom right hand side, consuming less space.

The donate button can be moved onto the top right hand side or on a seperate page giving the forum alot more width space.

Last thing, your forum would look more professional if you changed the structure to board>categories>forum. (optional the vBulletin style)

avd

Re: Forum width when embedded

avd
Thanks for the suggestions. It turned out to be an easy fix-change the width to "narrow" in the settings. This was originally a full page width forum and I never adjusted that. It removes the topic views column but I can live without that.

Last thing, your forum would look more professional if you changed the structure to board>categories>forum. (optional the vBulletin style)

I'd like to try that but I don't see "board>categories>forum". I only see either board or category or forum.
webbrewers.com
Our Nabble forum

Re: Forum width when embedded

Peter <Nabble>
You mean like these ones:
http://ee-fan-site-forum.982209.n3.nabble.com/
http://forums.animeron.info/

?

You have to create your subforums. Did you do it?
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Forum width when embedded

☪Not_A_Admin
yes like those, they look much better.
You have to change the parent level app and then the second level app and so on...
avd

Re: Forum width when embedded

avd
I see what you mean. So change the app type for the different levels/sub forums. Don't have enough activity to support that yet but I'll play with it.
Thanks to both of you!