Forum space

Re-run
I want to post some pdf files on a forum and pin them. I am not sure how many it will be. What is the space limit available? I know most of them are going to be about 30 or so Megs. I thought I should find out before loading things up.

Re: Forum space

Hugo <Nabble>
The limit is 5Mb per file. So you will have to find a solution if your files are bigger than that. Some options are:

A - host them elsewhere and just post a link on the forum;

B - split each file and upload the parts (people would have to download all parts and merge them using some software)

Re: Forum space

Re-run
OK thanks. I got things figured out for that.

Another question. Pretty simple one. On my forum, when people post, they can have it set to show a little avatar. Is there a way to have a line under that where you can show your location?
For a basic example:
My name
my avatar pic
my location

I know there is a signature line but that shows up below posts.
I was just wondering if it is an option or not.

Re: Forum space

Hugo <Nabble>
We don't have this option, but we do plan to add it in the future. The idea is to let the forum owner define which fields the user profile will have. Then people on that forum will be able to fill in those fields and have a more complete profile for that specific forum. Each forum has its own set of fields -- this is why we didn't implement generic fields. We need some months to work on this.

Re: Forum space

Re-run
Ok, good enough. I will keep my eyes open for this down the pipeline. Thanks for the info.

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Hugo <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
We don't have this option, but we do plan to add it in the future. The idea is to let the forum owner define which fields the user profile will have. Then people on that forum will be able to fill in those fields and have a more complete profile for that specific forum. Each forum has its own set of fields -- this is why we didn't implement generic fields. We need some months to work on this.
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Forum-space-tp4820034p4826207.html
To unsubscribe from Re: Forum space, click here.