Forum settings have changed since Wednesday

Forum settings have changed since Wednesday

artgallery42
We have a forum set up in newspaper headline format with a lot of sub-folders. The original set up meant that the latest post from the most recently created sub-folder showed at the top of the headlines on the main forum page. We asked nabble if it was possible to show the latest post from ANY sub-folder at the top of the main forum page.

During Wednesday (when the blank pop up page kept appearing in embedded forums- which has been mentioned in another post) it looked like our request was being looked into because the latest post from ANY sub-folder was indeed being shown at the top of the headlines page as per our request.

Since then, our forum has reverted back to the original set up. Does this mean that the request is unworkable or are you still looking into a solution?

Thanks in advance.
www.acesellers.org.uk
My newest site: Local Bargains. Please visit and earn me some money!

Re: Forum settings have changed since Wednesday

Hugo <Nabble>
Newspapers, photo galleries and blogs sort topics by the date of the first post (not the date of the last reply). The behavior you reported from last wednesday was actually a bug and we have fixed it. Maybe we should turn this into a configuration so that owners can set this as they want. I will discuss this with the Nabble team.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Forum settings have changed since Wednesday

artgallery42
Please do, as it was exactly what we wanted!
www.acesellers.org.uk
My newest site: Local Bargains. Please visit and earn me some money!

Re: Forum settings have changed since Wednesday

vames
Yes please :-)
Would be a cool feature

Re: Forum settings have changed since Wednesday

britishpages
I'm glad you mentioned this and had the same troubles as us. We run newspaper articles and sub and slice into categories like you.

We noticed that adding content to sub categories ends up showing like 4th or 5th on the top of the list. It's kinda annoying as we have an RSS feed pulling this data to our front page on the website. This means new articles submitted in sub categories do not show. Please can you fix this . Much appreciated.

Except for that. Love the application and great work guys.

Managed to get another user using your application: Vobes.com

Re: Forum settings have changed since Wednesday

britishpages
I don't think the bug is fixed? My website still has this problem: http://britishpages.org/britblog/index.htm

This post shows 5th on my list when it should be top as it's the newest post: http://n2.nabble.com/The-Pelican-Inn%2C-Muir-Beach%2C-California%2C-USA-tt2595798ef2342207.html

Re: Forum settings have changed since Wednesday

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Sorry for the delay in addressing this as we are busy with a major social network feature push. We will get back to you on this soon.

Re: Forum settings have changed since Wednesday

britishpages

No problemo. Much appreciated!