Forum has Changed?

mmpol
Recently, the forum that I use has changed. It is no longer searchable without logging in - and the searches now only reach back through the year. Has something happened with Nabble's policy?

Re: Forum has Changed?

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
What is the forum URL?
Can you please take a print screen from the forum so that we can check it?

Re: Forum has Changed?

mmpol

Re: Forum has Changed?

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Nothing has been changed in our policy, for now.
In the screen shot that you sent to us, there is someone logged in and the name is "harry kendall thaw" and the search field is visible. Is that correct?
Do you have a screen shot when no one is logged in?

Re: Forum has Changed?

mmpol
When logged out, all it says is:

You must login to view New SuperCollider Mailing Lists Forums (Use These!!!).
Email

 Example: johnsmith@domain.com
Password

Forgot your password?

Re: Forum has Changed?

Israel <Nabble>
Do you remember if it was something like the screen shot  below?
See that in this forum nobody is logged in.

Re: Forum has Changed?

mmpol
When logged in, I am identified as being logged in.
It seems that all of the past posts have inadvertently been marked "private", though you can still access them manually, if you access specific users and look at their posting history.
You are no longer able to easily search the majority of the archive, though.

Re: Forum has Changed?

GregChapman
Leaving aside the search issue...

Reporting that when logged out all you see if a login screen and when logged in everything is marked "Private" indicates that the "View" permission has been withdrawn from those in the "Anyone" group and that you need membership of further groups to see the material.

Re: Forum has Changed?

mmpol
How does one get out of the "anyone" group?

Re: Forum has Changed?

GregChapman
You can't!
Once someone has entered an email address into a Nabble forum it stays in the record.

Similarly, a Forum Administrator has no way of removing anyone from the "Registered" group.

Both supplying an email address and then confirming a user controls that address (which lifts a user into the "Registered" group) are entirely in the hands of the user and not controllable by a forum Administrator.

In exceptional circumstances I have seen Nabble staff remove a user from a forum, but normally there is no reason to do that.

Re: Forum has Changed?

hseinkew2018
Hi All,

Hope you all are well.

Is there any new forum?
I seemed cannot search old topic related to Supercollider

Re: Forum has Changed?

GregChapman
This topic provides some clues to your issue:
http://support.nabble.com/Delete-forums-td7600755.html