Forum deletion notice

Field Engineering Mod
I logged into my forum today, and there was a message that it was scheduled for deletion by June 25 due to inactivity. The last post was 3 days ago! What gives?

Re: Forum deletion notice

Hugo <Nabble>
We measure activity based on page views, but we know our algorithm isn't good enough at this point. We will improve it soon. For now, just click on the "Don't Delete this Forum" button to save your apps.

Re: Forum deletion notice

John Yeoman
I have several Nabble forums with massive archival content. Probably, the content will never be updated in the future or attract replies. Am I correct in assuming that, provided the forums attract a significant number of page views, they will still be logged as 'active' forums? And not be scheduled for deletion? Even though no new content will ever be added?

Re: Forum deletion notice

Hugo <Nabble>
That's correct. People visiting those pages is enough to consider the forum active, even if they never reply or create new topics.

Re: Forum deletion notice

John Yeoman
Thanks, Hugo. That is wonderful news. And logical, too. After all, if nobody visits our forums, what's the point of keeping them?

Re: Forum deletion notice

I didn't see a "you are awesome Hugo and Nabble" thread so I'll start with that. Forum hasn't really LAUNCHED yet as we are tweaking but Nabble seems very cool and Hugo seems VERY responsive.

I'm also a little concerned about the inactivity thing. We have a ski forum that is slow over the summer months. Is there something I can do to prevent deletion?

Re: Forum deletion notice

Hugo <Nabble>
Harvey44 wrote
I didn't see a "you are awesome Hugo and Nabble" thread so I'll start with that. Forum hasn't really LAUNCHED yet as we are tweaking but Nabble seems very cool and Hugo seems VERY responsive.
Thanks.
Harvey44 wrote
I'm also a little concerned about the inactivity thing. We have a ski forum that is slow over the summer months. Is there something I can do to prevent deletion?
You should read your emails at least once a week. Our deletion notice lasts 14 days, so this shouldn't be a problem if you read emails every week. We plan to extend this period to one or two months, but we are still discussing the implications.