Forum User name change?

Harvey
If a user want to change his/her forum name, is it as simple as just changing it in Advanced Settings and then all the existing posts will change?

Is there any downside to this?

Re: Forum User name change?

GregChapman
Harvey44 wrote
If a user want to change his/her forum name, is it as simple as just changing it in Advanced Settings and then all the existing posts will change?

Is there any downside to this?
I have done this for some of my test ids without problem, it works in the same way as altering an avatar or signature with all previous posts changed in line with the new setting.

The only downside I can foresee is if a user has referred to the changed user name in their posts. It could make nonsense of old posts.

I wouldn't want my users doing it regularly on a whim, but I could understand a newly married/divorced user wanting to change their user name.

Re: Forum User name change?

Hugo <Nabble>
Yes, Harvey, Greg explained everything correctly.