Forum Subscriptions

Spacedout
Hello All,

Is there anyway I can edit the subscriptions of my forum's visitors?  Many have not read my instructions clearly on how to select exactly what they want notifications for and now several are asking to be deleted as they are fed up receiving emails for every post.  Their own fault really but I'd rather sort it for them than have them leave in droves :(  I know I can un-subscribe them but I want them to have one particular subscription so if I could change it for them that would be idea?

Many thanks

Karl

Re: Forum Subscriptions

GregChapman
Spacedout wrote
Is there anyway I can edit the subscriptions of my forum's visitors?
No!

You might find this topic of interest:
http://support.nabble.com/Forcing-Subscriber-on-Digest-tp7595086.html

You'll see I had to ask Nabble to switch all my subscribers to a certain type. After that I edited my forum to remove certain options from the subscription screen.

You should be able to stop further mistakes by users by editing the subscription screen, but I strongly suspect Nabble will not want to get involved in picking and mixing existing subscriptions.

I know I can un-subscribe them but I want them to have one particular subscription so if I could change it for them that would be idea?
If there's only a few involved, I guess you could reset their password, login as them, alter their subscription, then advise them things are fixed, but tell them they'll need to use your temporary password and they should reset it back to what they want.

If there's more than a few, then you have problems! :-(

Re: Forum Subscriptions

Spacedout
Thanks Greg,

I have sent Hugo a message to see if he can do this for me.  It seems my subscribers can not unsubscribe themselves or change their subscription which is a tad frustrating.  As for editing the forum to remove various subscription options, how do you do that?  I have had a look but I can not see a way to do this.

Many thanks

Karl

Karl

Re: Forum Subscriptions

Spacedout

Okay this is what happens to people try to unsubscribe, any ideas what could be wrong?

Re: Forum Subscriptions

Spacedout
Hello,

Can anyone advise on this please?

Many thanks

Karl

Re: Forum Subscriptions

No! That kind of code is beyond me.

Re: Forum Subscriptions

Spacedout
Thanks Greg,

I have emailed Hugo but no response yet.  I need to find out how to sort as I'm losing subscribers fast!

Best wishes

Karl