Forum E-Mail Alert

genesee
Howdy Nabble,
I'm making an effort to tame my in-box by consolidating when possible. Nabble has all of the OLPC mailing lists that I subscribe to, plus a few more. It's like a wonderful OLPC clearing house.
What I want to do is set an E-Mail Alert for the whole OLPC Forum, (and it's sub-Forums), so I would get one digest type e-mail covering all the changes on a daily basis. Days when things are buzzing at OLPC there can easily be a half a dozen issues of the devel mailing list alone, (too many). I tried Subscribing to the OLPC Forum, but that got me an individual e-mail for each change, (way too many). All of the information I wanted was there, but scattered through a bunch of e-mails. Is there a way to do this? Your help is very much appreciated.

 I found Nabble after doing a search on Cuil.com for a really long string regarding the recent Fedora outages. There was only one result:Nabble! Outstanding! Nabble should ne a household name.

¡Gracias!
                genesee

Re: Forum E-Mail Alert

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Thanks for your comments.

Regarding the daily email alert, I am just curious, why do you need it when you can view all the topics on Nabble?

Go to http://n2.nabble.com/OLPC-f396210.html - there is a "Topics View" link, click that and you see all the topics sorted by the last post. What's this view different from a daily digest of the new posts?

Re: Forum E-Mail Alert

genesee
This post was updated on .
Really, for the same reason I would want to Subscribe to the OLPC Forum. If Subscribe genrated one e-mail 'digest' rather than  one e-mail for every post, that's what I would use.
I've been subscribed to various OLPC lists, (from laptop.org and dev.laptop.org), for a while. It's where I go because it's what I know. Nabble is all new to me. I  have tried some Nabble e-mail alerts, (like for user Build Announcer v2), which have been great for keeping abreast of system software updates, which can occur early and often. The OLPC Digests have everything I want, there are just too darn many of them. Since their data, (and more), is all here on Nabble I hoped to get a single digest that would contain and relplace all the individual ones. Varoius Google Alerts have worked nicely for me for other things. That's the kind of thing I'm looking for concering just the OLPC Forum, (and sub-Forums), on Nabble. Thanks for the tip about topics view. That works fine but I still want one comprehensive 'digest' in my in-box once a day. I suppose I could reduce my inbox load by unsubscribing to all of the digests that are also here on Nabble. If there were only one edition of say the Devel Digest a day, that would be fine and I would not be spending so much time plowing through a bunch of unreads.

My OLPC XO computer uses Browse for WWW access. Despite the name, Browse is not a full blown web browser. It is very Google-centric, (they are contributors to the OLPC project), which is okay for now. Gmail is sort of the center of my online universe.

Re: Forum E-Mail Alert

genesee
Howdy Nabble,

The new 'digest' alerts are super! Just what I wanted! Now I get two tidy emails for everything that happens on OLPC and Sugarlabs, not an in-box full of a bunch of alerts from the 4 or 5 lists I'm on. I also like how clicking on 'read more' takes me to Nabble proper, rather than just expanding the view. Cool.

¡Gracias!
                genesee