Forum Down - Need help

ClaudeMobetta
Need help -

9:30 PM PST - 8.9.09

Site won't load - last time it loaded was all messed up - Showed the SEARCH bar - and I have always left Search off - No login/Register showning - also only showed 2 main form sujects - and all sub- forums - kept asking "See more" - like squezzed top to bottom...

Now I can't get it to open - I had a hard time getting here...

This morning I could not login for an hour - was closed to visitors for at least 1 hour..

It's been off/on/crazy all day... Hope someone can take a look at it...

http://claudemobetta.com/lmb/loa2.html

Help... not sure I can get back here again... took 10 times and several reboots to get here now..

Claude

PS - Gotta be on your end - I went to my Hosting Company - and tried a direct loaqd -
Got nopthing same as click the link ....

When I see "View More" at bottom - that's all I see of front page of Foprum - if I run my mouse over it - the load bar at the bottom shows "JAVASCRIPT: Void Nabble Showmore" - mean anything????

Re: Forum Down - Need help

ClaudeMobetta
What happened to my site on 8-9-09 from about 8 PM PST to at least 11 PM - went to bed - so don't know how long my ForUM was off?
It was a mess in the morning and then got back to OK about noon - then screwed up big time form 8 PM on.

For some time I could only see this much. Then I could see nothing......?????

It showed the Search on the front page - I have never used the Search.
It showede 6 Topics - and then showed the :View More" - That was all - More showed nothing.

I would appreciate your letting me know what went wrong?

I noted the Support URL has cnaged ?

Claude

http://claudemobetta.com/lmb/loa2.html

Re: Forum Down - Need help

Hugo <Nabble>
We changed our servers to run on Windows and sometimes it messes up the Html pages. We are investigating the issue, but this shouldn't happen again.

Re: Forum Down - Need help

ClaudeMobetta
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
We changed our servers to run on Windows and sometimes it messes up the Html pages. We are investigating the issue, but this shouldn't happen again.
OK Thanks - But then why is it running OK now?
I could not get to my FoprUM or your Support?

Just a suggestion:
Maybe next time you make a Major change - you might notify people with forUMs -
That there is a possibility of ForUMs and Support going down from xx.xx to xx.xx - on xx.xx.xx

That way we will know the shut down is not on our end... That's PANIC TIME

But at least it happened on a Sunday night...

Thanks - Claude

Re: Forum Down - Need help

gvmax
I have also noticed that the forums seem to go down quite alot usually during the early mornings.

Re: Forum Down - Need help

Hugo <Nabble>
We had problems with the new Windows servers and we are about to move things back to linux in the next days. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Re: Forum Down - Need help

ClaudeMobetta
Hi,

Any chance of "OFF" notice if for more than 15 minutes?
Before 'Windows' servers - I think I went 4 months with 1 schedued down time...
That I detected... Mobetta record....

Hang in there....

Claude

http://claudemobetta.com/lmb/loa2.html

Re: Forum Down - Need help

Hugo <Nabble>
Yes, linux proved to be a much more stable environment. So we will move things back and the down time should be short (less than 15 minutes). But we will notify users about the scheduled maintenance.

Re: Forum Down - Need help

ClaudeMobetta
Thanks - 15 minutes is no problem for me....

Claude -

http://claudemobetta.com/lmb/loa2.html

Re: Forum Down - Need help

ClaudeMobetta
NOW 9.29.09

My site is down…. again...
Tonight - I clicked on my site - it came up with very small text and a “Search Box” and advanced search.
I have always had Search turned off...
So I close and reload - now it won’t load/open.
Whazzs up?

It was down for over an hour 9.9.09 and 9.10.09 =
And a half hour this morning 9.29.09

It's been off and on a lot lately...

http://claudemobetta.com/lmb/loa2.html

Thanks - Claude

Re: Forum Down - Need help

Hugo <Nabble>
Your site is loading fine for me. Also, Nabble was not down in that period. We have changed our servers and the website has been quite stable for several days.

Please try to clear your browser cache or maybe try loading that page with another browser.

Re: Forum Down - Need help

ClaudeMobetta
Hi Hugo,

Yes it loads now - but it was off for at least a GOOD half hour -
I don't panic and contact Support at first crack....
It wasen't on my end - I am sure...

Just a glich I guess....

Thanks... Claude

Re: Forum Down - Need help

ClaudeMobetta
PS:

I keep 2 other non releted Nabble Sites to check when I can't load my site....
They would not load either....
And for a while Support would not load....

Thanks again   ----  Claude

Re: Forum Down - Need help

Hugo <Nabble>
We have monitors that check the website every minute. We didn't get alerts for that period, but I believe that something could be wrong as you said. We will investigate. Thanks for reporting this.

Re: Forum Down - Need help

ClaudeMobetta
Thanks Hugo,

I understand the monitoriing -
But forget the no loading -
But why would it load with a SEARCH BOX and SMALL TEXT?

Can't figure....

Again thanks --- Claude

Re: Forum Down - Need help

Hugo <Nabble>
ClaudeMobetta wrote
But why would it load with a SEARCH BOX and SMALL TEXT?
I don't know. Maybe only part of the HTML was loaded. Please let us know if you see this issue again. Thanks.