Forum, Category, Board ... Embedding, Linking ...

Forum, Category, Board ... Embedding, Linking ...

Geert Claes
I created a Smalltalk Category for the Smalltalk language back when I added the Pharo Smalltalk mailing-list as a Forum to Nabble.  Pharo Smalltalk has recentlty added a new Pharo Smalltalk User mailing-list which I also added as a Forum to Nabble.

1. Advice
I have now created a Pharo Board which groups both the Pharo Smalltalk and Pharo Smalltalk User mailing lists.  I am however unsure when one should use a Category, Board or Forum when structuring the mailing-lists as forums?

2. Help
My objective was actually to have all Smalltalk related mailing lists as forums on Nabble under the Smalltalk Category.  I seem to struggle to add third-party forums which are already on Nabble but in a different structure.  Can someone help me to add Squeak Dev), AIDA/Web and GNU Smalltalk which are in structures (or even old Nabble!).  Is there a way to "Embed" these other Nabble forums in the Smalltalk Category?

Re: Forum, Category, Board ... Embedding, Linking ...

Hugo <Nabble>
Geert Claes wrote
1. Advice
I have now created a Pharo Board which groups both the Pharo Smalltalk and Pharo Smalltalk User mailing lists.  I am however unsure when one should use a Category, Board or Forum when structuring the mailing-lists as forums?
Categories and Boards should be used when you have several sub-forums and the user must choose one to post. Categories have a simple list of sub-forums and Boards have two-levels. I think you can look at each one and compare:
http://n4.nabble.com/Jasig-f275507.html
http://n2.nabble.com/OpenStreetMap-f660402.html

Of course you can ignore the category and board types and just have normal forums.
Geert Claes wrote
We should move all these forums to just one place. I suggest we move everything to the n4 server, where Squeak Dev and AIDA/Web are located. Links to the moved forums will still work for some months, until people update their links. Can I move them?

Re: Forum, Category, Board ... Embedding, Linking ...

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Geert, all lists are on n4 now, see:
http://n4.nabble.com/Smalltalk-f1294792.html