Forum Background.

☪Not_A_Admin
This post was updated on .
Before it was really easy to edit the CSS.
BUT Now, I cannot remember how to edit it so I use a Image URL instead of hex code as the forum background.

I want my back ground to be this

Re: Forum Background.

GregChapman
That's an excessively wide image. Most  will only see the left hand portion as they won't have screens 5480px wide.

At it's most simple just add this to your CSS:
.nabble {
	background-image: url(http://verflik01stuff.weebly.com/files/theme/bodybg.jpg?384261);
}

However, you may need some further CSS rules to make things look good on all screens as the defaults assume a white/light grey appearance.

Re: Forum Background.

☪Not_A_Admin
Thanks for that
Now I want to change this
testtest1.png
you see that that dark panel thing with the title "main site section"
I want to replace it an image, but I dont know the code so help me out please

Re: Forum Background.

GregChapman
Something along these lines should do it:
.nabble .header-row {
   background-image: url(http://domain.com/yourimage.jpg);
}
Essentially, this rules says: in any HTML tag of the class "nabble" should you find a tag of the class "header-row" place the image found at the defined URL as a background.

As the "header-row" class appears on a number of different screens, the image may turn up in places you don't want it. In that case, you'll have to wait until we can edit NAML.

Re: Forum Background.

Peter <Nabble>
I don't think he is talking about the header...
If you want your whole forum to have this background you should try "body" I guess.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Forum Background.

Der Flatulator6
☪✯♛Tanvℯℯr♛✯© wrote
Thanks for that Now I want to change this testtest1.png you see that that dark panel thing with the title "main site section" I want to replace it an image, but I dont know the code so help me out please
Could you be more specific, do you mean just where the text is, the whole cell, the whole row, or the whole body of the table?

To replace the first column of the top row:
.nabble .header-row tr:first-child { background-image: url("location"); }

To replace the top row with an image and remove all the text:
.nabble .category-row { background-image: url("location"); }
.nabble .category-row td { display: none; }

Unofficial and untested, but should work.
http://derflatulator.com/

Re: Forum Background.

I'm puzzled by the confusion folks.

As I read it, and after looking at the image, there is only one "dark panel thing with the title "main site section". That expression describes the entire dark row in the image and that's defined by the contents of the table row of class header-row, but I'm prepared to eat humble pie. I'll guess we'll have to wait for confirmation or clarification.

Re: Forum Background.

☪Not_A_Admin
Greg
I meant this part
i have drew a red circle around it

Re: Forum Background.

GregChapman
That's what I thought. In that case, the code I suggested should work.

Upload the image somewhere and insert the URL for it where I show:
http://domain.com/yourimage.jpg

Re: Forum Background.

☪Not_A_Admin
it hasn't worked in the main board
just shows up after we go into a category

Re: Forum Background.

GregChapman
Ah! Apologies I failed to spot that it's not a "Forum" at the top level. Different applications use different classes. If your top-level is "Board" then add the category row class like this. The header-row should continue to be applied to forums at a lower level:
.nabble .category-row, .nabble .header-row {
background-image: url(http://mydomain.com/myimage.jpg);
}