Forum Alerts

Harvey
Been thinking it would be cool to have a option in "Advanced Settings" (or somewhere) where you could check a box that says "Alert me when someone posts in a thread I started."  I always forget to check the box here.

What do you guys think?

Re: Forum Alerts

GregChapman
I guess that would be  an additional option on the Subscribe by email screen?

e.g.
[ ] Receive every message posted in this forum
[ ] Receive every message in my topics
[ ] Receive new topics only.

Re: Forum Alerts

Hugo <Nabble>
And what about threads that you haven't started, but have participated with some replies? Aren't those equally interesting to you? In the past we had a checkbox in the advanced settings page to enable the "alert me" box by default. So that should probably work for you. You would have to remember to uncheck the box if you don't want to receive new replies, but that should be rare. Please let me know what you think.

Re: Forum Alerts

Harvey
I guess I was thinking about this forum.

I'm subscribed to my entire forum so I see every thing. Maybe that's why I forget to check the box here.

Re: Forum Alerts

Hi Hugo,
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
In the past we had a checkbox in the advanced settings page to enable the "alert me" box by default.
Of course, I'm thinking of a general roll-out thing and not a specific mod for Harvey's forum, but to cope with your option, I'd revise my proposal to:

[ ] Receive every message posted in <this forum>
[ ] Receive every message in topics I start
[ ] Receive only replies to my posts
[ ] Receive only first posts in any topic.

(The last is just a re-wording of the current option, not a different function)