Formatting on mobile/iPhone

tomfence
I've seen this question asked, but unfortunately I can't find the answer. Is there a "trick" to get nabble to display correctly on an iPhone in mobile view? The whole right side of my forum is truncated without the ability to scroll. If i switch from mobile view to web view, it works fine, but most people like/use mobile view. Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Formatting on mobile/iPhone

tomfence
This is consistently happening with my second forum too (http://forum.demandhope.org). Is there anything that I can do to make the formatting work on an iPhone? Thanks Right side cut off

Re: Formatting on mobile/iPhone

tomfence
Sorry, I should have set that the forum URL alone looks fine, but when embedded within the weebly page, the formatting doesn't work.  The embedded URL is http://www.demandhope.org/networkingsupport.html
Is there something that I can do to preserve the formatting within weebly?
Thanka

Re: Formatting on mobile/iPhone

Pedro
Does it happen with another weebly sites?

Not that I have seen. I've tried to tweak the available options (shrunk the width for all browsers, etc), but this is still the only page on either of the sites (www.demandhope.org) & (www.tranquilates.com) that doesn't "just work" in mobile mode. I'm happy to provide any other help if I can.
Thanks

Re: Formatting on mobile/iPhone

tomfence
For others suffering from the same issue, I've made a few "tweaks" that have helped.  I'm not sure all are necessary, but I'm trying:
1. Under application..change appearance..preferences button, there is a preference called 'Page Layout'.  I switched this to narrow, which seems to wrap the 'n' reply link and the 'x' views - i.e. more is visible on the iphone screen without scrolling.
2.  Under application..change appearance..preferences button, there is a preference called 'Show app title'.  I changed this alignment to 'Left'.
3. Under application..change appearance..preferences button, there is a preference called 'Description alignment'.  I changed this alignment to 'Left'.
4. In the HTML, before the nabble bit, I added the following which seemed to help:
<script type="text/javascript"> <!-- if (screen.width <= 699) { nabble_width = "300px"; } //--> </script>
All in all, it looks much better now.  Pedro/etc, the only question that I have left is whether or not I can remove the pin/unpin folder and the photo next to the subfolder (especially in mobile mode), since these both take up real estate, and don't convey much value for me.
Thanks again for your help, and I hope my pointers will help others.
Tom

Do you want to remove the "column" of folders?

Re: Formatting on mobile/iPhone

tomfence
Yes, if possible, the column of folders and the column with the pictures. Ideally, but not necessary, this removal would only be for mobile, because screen real estate is at such a premium. Does this make sense?
I'm happy to "hack" this through HTML/CSS customization if it's possible.
Thanks again.
Tom

http://support.nabble.com/Formatting-on-mobile-iPhone-tp7582715p7582755.html
To unsubscribe from Formatting on mobile/iPhone, click here.
NAML

Re: Formatting on mobile/iPhone

Pedro
You can edit the standard_table_columns macro. Remove the  "<n.pin_column/>" line, see if it fits for you.
My test forum.