Footer Removal

Flick
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Footer Removal

GregChapman
hudson wrote
I pay Nabble's monthly Ad removal fee and would like to get rid of the footer completely. I managed to remove the Nabble and Edit this Page link, but a gray line for the footer is still showing up. The only solution is to get rid of the footer completely. I have Nabble embedded in my site and I already have a footer with a gray line. So now I have two gray lines as a footer which I don't like. So how do I get rid of the footer completely.
As I understand it, paying for ad removal gives you what is called a "Premium Site". This is different to "Premium Support". I also understand that under Nabble's T&C there is a requirement that Nabble's branding is retained unless you are paying for Premium Support.

That doesn't stop you from actually editing Nabble's code to remove the branding, but then your forum is at risk.

You don't reveal your method of getting rid of the branding, but the macro "nabble_footer" appears to be the key as it is within that that that the grey line and its contents are generated.

However, if you truly have edited out the appearance of the "Edit this page" link, (rather than used the technique shown at the "Edit this page" only for Admins topic) then presumably, you can no longer access the screens that allow you to edit your forum's code and you are now stuck unable to make any further changes to your forum without asking Nabble to rescue you?