Firefox vs Chrome vs Safari

Forum Topics Views:

SAFARI

CHROME

FIREFOX

Anyway to make them all look like Chrome? Seems like the most natural spacing.

Safari seems really odd.

Re: Firefox vs Chrome vs Safari

Harvey
Is there a way to make Safari allot better space for the columns? Everything is jammed over to the left when there is plenty of space on the right.

Firefox works best, Chrome is ok. Not as squished at Safari but not as good as Firefox.

Re: Firefox vs Chrome vs Safari

Harvey
The issue here seems to be with the classes

topics-column
last-post-column

(Are they classes?)

While the style elements are for the other elements in the table are specified (by pixel) those two aren't.  I realize elements that big could be a problem if they were specfied by pixel - they might not fit in the embed window.

Could they be specified by percentage in the same table with elements specified by pixel?  Could they be give "minimum widths?"

Got to say I dont understand why firefox is doing a better job at spacing elements.

The safari rendering drives me nuts.

Re: Firefox vs Chrome vs Safari

Pedro
We can set a fix size for each column. What do you think? Any suggestion on the values?

Re: Firefox vs Chrome vs Safari

Harvey
Can we fix a percentage?  I think we should be thinking about moving towards responsive as much as possible.

I actually tried to do this myself. I was able to figure out some of it with "inspect element" but couldn't translate it NAML.

Re: Firefox vs Chrome vs Safari

Pedro
You can do it at your change appearance -> css. You have 7 columns at this table. Each one has an intuitive class name:
pin-column, topics-column, star-column, replies-column, last-post-column, views-column and subapp-column.
My suggestion is, add this in your css:
.pin-column{ width: 5%;}
.topics-column{ width: 50%;}
.star-column{ width: 5%;}
.replies-column{ width: 10%;}
.last-post-column{ width: 10%;}
.views-column{ width: 10%;}
.subapp-column{ width: 10%;}

Re: Firefox vs Chrome vs Safari

Harvey
Pedro <Nabble> wrote
You can do it at your change appearance -> css. You have 7 columns at this table. Each one has an intuitive class name:
pin-column, topics-column, star-column, replies-column, last-post-column, views-column and subapp-column.
My suggestion is, add this in your css:
.pin-column{ width: 5%;}
.topics-column{ width: 50%;}
.star-column{ width: 5%;}
.replies-column{ width: 10%;}
.last-post-column{ width: 10%;}
.views-column{ width: 10%;}
.subapp-column{ width: 10%;}

That worked incredibly well. Thank  you.

Re: Firefox vs Chrome vs Safari

Harvey
Not seeing views in Chrome:

Re: Firefox vs Chrome vs Safari

Pedro
I can see in mine. Is this still happening?
My test forum.