File not found

Silvana
Hello. It is happened, again, a mistake that I had already spoken to you. A user has uploaded an attachment. The first time it is opened and then it is not open more.
The warning is this:

The post is this:
http://la-chiave-nel-pozzo-il-forum.46542.x6.nabble.com/R-Immagine-iniziale-sovrapposta-alla-homepage-tp1419.html

Thanks and regards..
I'm Italian. Excuse me if I'll make mistakes writing my posts. Ciao
This is my site: "La chiave nel pozzo"..
..and this is my forum: "La chiave nel pozzo - il forum"

Re: File not found

GregChapman
The problem is that the user edited his post.

I have done the same thing on my forums. This is a bug that Nabble needs to address

For the moment the work-around is to upload the file again if you edit a post with a file attached.

More technical stuff follows (feel free to ignore!)...

I believe it happens because such messages include an HTML section that links to the file that was uploaded when the message was first posted, but editing is only done in plain text mode and the link gets lost during the edit process. It seems that once the link has gone Nabble then clears out orphan file that has no link to it.

What ought to happen is that Nabble should detect any message posted with HTML included and offer a WYSIWYG HTML editor for such messages.

(I accept adding such a feature might be complex to add. Most users would find working with HTML code in the current plain text editor difficult. That's why almost the only HTML messages you see on a Nabble forum are those that are posted by email.)

Re: File not found

Silvana
What you said made ​​me think about a few things. The post had arrived via email and I have been to edit it, not the user. I deleted the previous post that is matched when using email. Surely this is the reason. I had not thought of that. Thanks Greg. Ciao
I'm Italian. Excuse me if I'll make mistakes writing my posts. Ciao
This is my site: "La chiave nel pozzo"..
..and this is my forum: "La chiave nel pozzo - il forum"

Re: File not found

GregChapman
Hi Silvana,
Silvana wrote
What you said made ​​me think about a few things. The post had arrived via email and I have been to edit it, not the user. I deleted the previous post that is matched when using email. Surely this is the reason. I had not thought of that. Thanks Greg. Ciao
I think you are right. I wasn't clear in what I wrote.

I should have said the problem happens when there is a message posted by email that has a file attached and the post is edited.

Knowing the problem existed I once even tried preserving the little file attached graphics but Nabble still lost the file as part of the edit.

It doesn't matter who edits the post, but only if the post was sent by email with a file attached.

Re: File not found

Silvana
Ok, it is clear. Thank you Greg. I hope that the bug can be solved. I wish you a good weekend. Ciao
I'm Italian. Excuse me if I'll make mistakes writing my posts. Ciao
This is my site: "La chiave nel pozzo"..
..and this is my forum: "La chiave nel pozzo - il forum"

Re: File not found

Pedro
Thanks for reporting.
We will try to fix it.