Feed not working

Harvey
This topics feed is no long pulling the topic names:

https://forum.nyskiblog.com/NYSkiForum-ft932206.xml

Any one have any info or advice on it?

Re: Feed not working

Franklin
Administrator
It seems to work if one is logged in, so it must be a permission problem.  I am registered on your forum as "fschmidt".  Make me an admin if you want me to look.

Re: Feed not working

Harvey
Franklin wrote
It seems to work if one is logged in, so it must be a permission problem.  I am registered on your forum as "fschmidt".  Make me an admin if you want me to look.
It has always displayed results to anyone regardless of login status, until yesterday.

You are an admin now, thanks!

Re: Feed not working

Harvey
Now SOME are reporting that the forum topics link isn't working:

https://forum.nyskiblog.com/Topics-Link-td4164710.html#a4164712

Also got this comment:

"I see that people have made posts this afternoon, but I can't seem to see them. When I click on the last post thingy, it redirects to the first page, and when I go to the end page, the post isn't there (only the posts this morning that I already saw).

I tried logging out & logging back in.... Now I'm perplexed"

Re: Feed not working

Franklin
Administrator
This looks like the same problem.  The topic link doesn't work when the user isn't logged in.  And it shows the same threads as the feed.

Your forum is complex with a lot of custom macros.  I couldn't reproduce your problem in my test forum.  I suggest that you create a test forum and incrementally add your macros to make the test forum like your real forum, and test with each increment to isolate what is causing the problem.

Re: Feed not working

Harvey
Franklin wrote
This looks like the same problem.  The topic link doesn't work when the user isn't logged in.  And it shows the same threads as the feed.

Your forum is complex with a lot of custom macros.  I couldn't reproduce your problem in my test forum.  I suggest that you create a test forum and incrementally add your macros to make the test forum like your real forum, and test with each increment to isolate what is causing the problem.
This is way beyond my expertise.

Can I pay for a few hours of support to check it out?

I did have premium when those changes were made originally I paid for them.

Re: Feed not working

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
It's $50 per hour.

Re: Feed not working

How long do you think it will take?

Re: Feed not working

Harvey
Let me know how to proceed.

Re: Feed not working

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Hello Harvey!
Make me admin of your forum so that I can have a look.

Re: Feed not working

Harvey
Done!  Thank you.

Re: Feed not working

Harvey
Does it help if I pay something now?

Re: Feed not working

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
No, I am trying to recreate a site like yours but it's too complex. It was made by other programmer years ago and he is not with us anymore.

Re: Feed not working

Harvey
Israel <Nabble> wrote
No, I am trying to recreate a site like yours but it's too complex. It was made by other programmer years ago and he is not with us anymore.
Are you giving up or is there hope?

Hugo was pretty amazing.

Re: Feed not working

Harvey