Explain Cost Please

Flick
I'm very confused on how Nabble charges and what it's going to cost me.  There's a trial period, buying credits and premium support. It's all very confusing and the information is all scattered thru out the entire support forum. There's no one area that has everything I need to know.

Right now I have Nabble embedded on my site as I prepare to begin using it in about a month or so.  When I login as admin I see this link in the footer: Trial period ends in 304 day(s). So what happens at the end of the trial period? I don't know. You don't tell me. You have a link that says "Remove Ads" Apparently I can buy credit to remove ads. I don't have any ads running on my site so why would I want to pay to remove them.

Finally, How do I remove the Power by Nabble message in the footer. There's no way I'm leaving that on. It's hard enough getting my brand name out there. The last thing I want to do is send mix messages to my users by trying to brand two services at once. Besides, if I'm going to pay to use your service, I shouldn't have to run free branding adverts for your company or anyone elses.

It seems to me if you are going to charge to remove ads, then you should also removing your branding along with it. If someone wants to use your free service, then he must keep branding and display ads.

Anyways please update me on the cost of using your service and all the various price fees and structure. I mean really, how much time would it take to put all that information on one page? One hour. I mean it's really confusing and exasperating trying to figure out what services you offer and at what cost.

Re: Explain Cost Please

ClaudeMobetta
This post was updated on .
That does seem confusing...

On the subject of cost:

I know how to buy credits to remove ads -
But still wondering if  a Registered User of my site would have to LOG IN to get rid  of the ads
or does Nabble or my site recognized my REGISTERED USERS automatically ???
Or is there a setting to eliminate Registered  Men=mbers to Log-in to remove ads?

Thanks again - Claude

Re: Explain Cost Please

GregChapman
Hi Claude,

I have answered your questions at:
http://support.nabble.com/ADs-On-Sites-td7593422.html

Re: Explain Cost Please

hudson wrote
I'm very confused on how Nabble charges and what it's going to cost me.  There's a trial period, buying credits and premium support. It's all very confusing and the information is all scattered thru out the entire support forum. There's no one area that has everything I need to know.
You are right. Nabble is extremely poor at documenting its product. Changes, sometimes highly significant, are rarely announced and are just slipped in, in overnight updates.

My understanding is that, currently, adverts do not appear on forums for the first year. The countdown refers to the time before the first ads will appear.

Credits are bought, via Amazon Payments, to keep ads away from your forum.

Paying for Premium Support gets you posting rights to the main forum. Posts there take priority over those in the Free Support Forum. You will also find a willingness to undertake quite major customisation of your forum when you make requests for help there.
Right now I have Nabble embedded on my site as I prepare to begin using it in about a month or so.  When I login as admin I see this link in the footer: Trial period ends in 304 day(s). So what happens at the end of the trial period? I don't know. You don't tell me. You have a link that says "Remove Ads" Apparently I can buy credit to remove ads. I don't have any ads running on my site so why would I want to pay to remove them.
There's no need to pay until the ads start appearing, unless you are disturbed about the messages that unregistered users and those not logged in may see. (I always recommend that forum administrators open at least one further account on their own forum so they can see how their customisations affect Registered users, Members, and those belonging to any other groups you may have created.)
Finally, How do I remove the Power by Nabble message in the footer. There's no way I'm leaving that on.
It breaks Nabble's Terms and Conditions to remove that. You are likely to have your forum deleted if you do that without permission, which I understand is usually granted if you are paying for Premium Support.

I must say, I find your objection to removal of the "Powered by Nabble" link a bit extreme. I guess it means you avoid wearing all designer clothing don't travel in any car until the badges of the manufacturers and designers are removed from them?
It seems to me if you are going to charge to remove ads, then you should also removing your branding along with it. If someone wants to use your free service, then he must keep branding and display ads.
It's more or less as you suggest it should be. It's just that Nabble operates a two tier approach. Removal of third party adverts is cheap. Removal of their own, highly discrete, branding costs a little more.
how much time would it take to put all that information on one page? One hour. I mean it's really confusing and exasperating trying to figure out what services you offer and at what cost.
On that point I am in entire agreement with you!

Re: Explain Cost Please

Flick
Thank you Greg for answering my questions.  Nabble is a good service. It's the only embedded forum that actually works as far as I'm concerned and I tried quite a few. But clearly it needs better management and marketing.  From what I've read in the forum, Nabble appears to be under financial stress so you think they would get serious and straighten out their revenue options. There's no reason to give the service away for a year when a 30 day trial period would be more appropriate. Something like this would get the company on firmer ground:

After the 30 Day Trial Period, Adverts begin to run. Here are your options:

Free Service
No Cost
Adverts Run
Branding on Footer
No Credits
Free Support

Level One Service
$30
No Adverts
Branding on Footer
100,000 Credits
Free Support

Level Two Service
$60
No Adverts
Branding Removal
500,000 Credits
Free Support

Level Three Service
$120
No Adverts
Branding Removal
1,000,000 Credits
Premium Support

Now everything is clear and precise. Under this plan, the more the customer pays, the more perks he receives. And why not. He's supporting the company. There's still a free service for those who don't want to pay. They are the ones who will carry adverts and company branding. So everyone is contributing something. Stop wasting time collecting $10, that's not worth billing for. Start at $30 and give the customer a reward. And the more the customer pays, the more rewards he collects. Everyone wins. I hope Nabble gets serious about this plan and thinks long and hard about setting up something like this. People will pay for services rendered, so don't be afraid to ask and then reward your good paying customers.