Examples of lists/fora that work nicely without uninvited edition by moderators

Examples of lists/fora that work nicely without uninvited edition by moderators

Graham Perrin
Parallel to another topic.

An example.

On 5th January: an author footnotes with a smile, whilst drafting, that he shouldn't respond to e-mails at 02:00. Then accidentally sends the unfinished draft, LOL. He realises his mistake and twenty minutes later posts:

* an apology
* a plea to disregard what was unfinished
* an offer to send something more complete, later.

-- highlights at <http://www.diigo.com/04md4>

Later, on 12th January, the author;

* apologises to all readers for the confusion
* de-confuses things
* thanks people for their patience.

-- highlights at <http://www.diigo.com/04md5>

No-one is hurt, nothing is broken.

<http://n2.nabble.com/-tp2107009p2112045.html> for a Nabble view of that topic.

That example involves technical discussion but I have no doubt that we find other fine examples in discussions of very different natures.

* a human mistake
* realised by the author
* apologies from the author
* a later correction by the author
* thanks to readers for their patience.

And without planning it those five points have
formed a rather lovely slope of positivity that will
be lost to to viewers who prefer a monospace font so
I'll take a screen shot and insert the image in my Nabble
post whilst making myself late for work! … ellipsis dot dot dot

Peace :)
Graham

----