Error when trying to add Ranking / IP question

1j1

Error when trying to add Ranking / IP question

1j1
This post was updated on .
Tried to adding the code mentioned on http://support.nabble.com/Rank-System-td7589491.html but it gives me an error:

 Error: macro or method for 'get_parameters_pipe_separated' not found in [basic, nabble, ad] stack = [basic, nabble, ad]
 in get_parameters_pipe_separated(nabble:js_page.naml:37) - <else.get_parameters_pipe_separated. name="[n.param/]">
 in if(nabble:js_page.naml:33) - <n.if.is_in_command name="run_call_later_now" > - public static void nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace._if(nabble.naml.compiler.IPrintWriter,nabble.naml.compiler.Interpreter)
 in param_loop(custom_tweak:post_count_js:2) - <n.param_loop. param="postCount">
 in (custom_tweak:post_count_js:1) - <override_macro name="post_count_js">

???

Added the ip feature like it's on  http://support.nabble.com/Getting-the-ip-address-from-a-visitor-and-show-it-on-extra-fields-td7586939.html.  Is it possible to make it that users can see only their own ip's but not anyone else?

Re: Error when trying to add Ranking / IP question

Pedro
There is no "get_parameters_pipe_separated" at that code. Please, paste here your macro source code.
My test forum.
1j1

Re: Error when trying to add Ranking / IP question

1j1
Re-pasted it again there & all is fine now.  Pedro, I have a question - how to make the font size of "11 posts Guru" to be a bit bigger, like the "Administrator" - without affecting the whole font settings for the site ?  I barely can read it.
(http://lake-hoohaw-boards.2328210.n4.nabble.com/PB-amp-J-Otter-Episode-Guide-td378.html
I can't seem to find the right macro.

Re: Error when trying to add Ranking / IP question

GregChapman
Try:
classic_stylesheet_big_avatar

and adjust the final selector:
          div.avatar-label {
            white-space:nowrap;
            font-size:80%;
        }
I found it by displaying at the HTML of the page you posted the URL for. That doesn't have 11 posts by Guru on it so I search for "Administrator" instead. That found::

So I then hunted for the CSS code for div.avatar-label which turned up a block of code earlier in the page, Then I searched for a macro that included that code.
(Actually, I followed a couple of other false leads before I did what I describe here!)
1j1

Re: Error when trying to add Ranking / IP question

1j1
Greg, thanks so much for that!

Re: Error when trying to add Ranking / IP question

GregChapman
@ Pedro,

This issue highlights the same problem I was addressing at:
http://support.nabble.com/Question-Link-and-Title-color-change-td7590405.html#a7590449

I now realise that the code included in the "classic_stylesheet_big_avatar" macro is added, as an internal stylesheet, to the HTML file of any page Nabble serves. As a result that over-rides CSS code added through:
Options > Application > Change appearance > CSS
as that is placed in an external stylesheet.

This strikes me a a significant design fault.

In my view, changes made through Nabble's main interface (i.e. options selectable by ordinary users) should always take priority over changes possible by hacking NAML code, an additional skill that ordinary users should not be expected to have to learn.