Embedding Forum

JP Pullers
I have a website through Weebly and I used to be able to seamlessly embed my forum into the website. Now the embed code just provides a link to a separate page. This works, I guess, but I preferred the way it was before. If the issue is the same as others have been having, ie needing to change the domain name, then I need that explained in layman's terms. I don't know who my domain registrar is, or how to find the DNS management page.

Re: Embedding Forum

GregChapman
JP Pullers wrote
If the issue is the same as others have been having, ie needing to change the domain name, then I need that explained in layman's terms. I don't know who my domain registrar is, or how to find the DNS management page.
As you provide the address (aka URL) of neither your site nor your forum, it is difficult to be definitive, but if you are not aware of your who domain registrar is, or how to find the DNS management page then I suspect you have not registered your own domain name and your main site uses a weebly.com address so the answer you refer to does not apply in your case.

The trouble is that Weebly has recently changed its default and now serves its sites using the SSL protocol, indicated by the addresses of the sites it hosts starting with https:// rather than http:// .

If that is so then the answer is best found at this post:
http://support.nabble.com/HTML-code-problem-site-tp7600317p7600319.html

In other words, you simply need to tell Weebly that you want your site served the old way.

Re: Embedding Forum

Gary Lewis
It might be the domain name.  In Nabble, at the top level/application, go to Applications/Change Domain Name and follow the steps set out under Your Own Domain.

But if it is SSL, then in Weebly go to Settings/General and turn SSL off.

I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Embedding Forum

JP Pullers
Disabling SSL worked! Thank you so much for your help!