Embedded forum not visible on published site

Embedded forum not visible on published site

Web Master
Hi,
I just joined up. I have created a simple page to embed my new forum into my existing web site. The new page works fine on my local computer, but when I upload this page to my webserver and view it, the forum isnt visible. I get an error in the Firefox (3.0.1) error console:

Error: Permission denied to get property Location.href
Source File: http://n2.nabble.com/embed/f724286
Line: 8

The test page is at http://test.soncricket.net/forum.htm

The website URL is cloaked - I use ZoneEdit to invisibly redirect users to the real url of the website while keeping the published url in the address bar.

Anyone had this problem? Any ideas?

Re: Embedded forum not visible on published site

Hugo <Nabble>
The problem is that you have two domains in your website:
The top page is http://test.soncricket.net/forum.htm
And there is another page inside a frame: http://soncricket.50webs.com/test/forum.htm
(this second page has the Nabble script)

Since these pages are in different domains, our script has problems to work.
Is it possible to keep both pages in the same domain?

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Embedded forum not visible on published site

Will <Nabble>
It looks like a javascript security problem.

We can look deeper into this, but it's probably not that easy because you are cloaking the urls and we are a third-party app using javascript.

I just tried going to your normal url http://soncricket.50webs.com/test/forum.htm and it works fine. I think the right solution is to have 50webs configure dns to forward to http://soncricket.net/ - 50webs should have an easy option to do that, right?

Re: Embedded forum not visible on published site

Web Master
Thanks for the quick replies! After posting I read that there were issues about embedding a forum in a frame and the clocking mechanism uses frames. In that other posting some suggested using a 'plain' page to avoid the frame. I tried this (hence the link to soncricket.50webs.com/...) It seems to work sometimes, but I need to look at it more closely to work out exactly when it works. I'll post the results here.