Embedded forum keeps disappearing

Ruralinfo.net
Hello, I have embedded a forum on my website, but it keeps disappearing.. Please help It is there right now, but has disappeared several times today.. http://ruralinfo.net/ruralmailtalk.html nabble forum http://n2.nabble.com/Rural-Mail-Talk-f581397.html
Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has..

Re: Embedded forum keeps disappearing

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Go to your forum, in Options->Embedding settings there is an option to "Redirect users", set that to always redirect, then you the embedding will always appear even if you directly visit http://n2.nabble.com/Rural-Mail-Talk-f581397.html

Let us know if you have any problems.

Re: Embedded forum keeps disappearing

Ruralinfo.net
Thanks Will and let me say Nabble is fantastic...  My members are having a little trouble getting used to it because my previous board was not threaded, but I think they will like it eventually.

I had turned the embedding settings off after I posted here because I could not access anything on the forum, but I did have it redirected when it originally started disappearing..

Also, I have received some emails from some of my members that they have older browsers and computers and are not able to access the embedded forum on my site.

Is the only way to fix this to allow them to visit the forum on the nabble site instead of the embedded forum?  If that is the option, then I guess I will have to leave the redirection turned off so they can access the forum from a diff link...

Thanks and I am looking forward to some of the other features I have read are coming...
Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has..

Re: Embedded forum keeps disappearing

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
P.T., thanks for using Nabble. Please see my response below:

P.T. wrote
Thanks Will and let me say Nabble is fantastic...  My members are having a little trouble getting used to it because my previous board was not threaded, but I think they will like it eventually.
Thanks for switching to Nabble. Regarding the threaded view, I agree with you that eventually people will like it more than the "classical" view.

P.T. wrote
I had turned the embedding settings off after I posted here because I could not access anything on the forum, but I did have it redirected when it originally started disappearing..

Also, I have received some emails from some of my members that they have older browsers and computers and are not able to access the embedded forum on my site.
You are right to leave your forum without embedding for now. This way your users don't get turned away. But we do want to fix the problem you are seeing.

Can you tell us what browser version you are using? Also, what are the "old browsers" that has trouble seeing the forum? The embedding feature supports IE6, that's about as "old" as we can do. Browsers are progressing all the time, so we don't want spend too much time fixing the old.

If you have IE6 and above, or FireFox, then we can do this on a test page. Can you copy the current http://ruralinfo.net/ruralmailtalk.html to somethting like http://ruralinfo.net/ruralmailtalk2.html, and then create a new forum, and embed it and set redirects, and see what you get. If you see errors, let me know, and our UI programmer can work with you and trace the error and see if there is a fix.

P.T. wrote
Thanks and I am looking forward to some of the other features I have read are coming...
Yes, me too. I know that the email feature will be useful to you, as some of your users prefer to read and reply to posts entirely from their email client. We also will have a "People" feature to show the avatars of the people posted to your forum, kind of like a facebook for your community. Also, I noticed that you did some "hacking" of CSS stuff to make the forum header work for you - we will have something easier that allows you to customize the top header the "right" way. I'll let you know when those things come out. Thanks again!

Re: Embedded forum keeps disappearing

Ruralinfo.net
Thank you Will..  Yes, I am limited in my html, but I can hack around with it usually to get it work...

I will have to check on the versions...  They have been emailing me about it..  One said she was on an old mac and could not access, but did not include specifics...  I will see if I can gather any info from them.

The new features sounds great...  Thanks for being so responsive..