Embedded forum cut off in IE6

Andrew Wilcox
Hi, I am seeing an issue with my embedded forum with IE6. It cuts off the forum 3/4 of the way down the page. The site is here, and I have also attached a screen shot of what we are seeing. Thanks, Andy

Re: Embedded forum cut off in IE6

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
IE6 is full of bugs. For example, the link you pointed to works fine in my IE6.

Can you try a reload or clear cache and see if the problem may go away?

In the next release, we will add a feature to increase iframe height manually when unexpected embedding error occurs. There will be a small icon at the end of the iframe when embedding breaks. This is not perfect but will at least give user a way to bail out.

RE: Embedded forum cut off in IE6

Andrew Wilcox

Thanks,  will do.

Andy

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/Embedded-forum-cut-off-in-IE6-tp2353369p2368543.html

RE: Embedded forum cut off in IE6

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
This feature has been released. Please test in IE6 and see if works to meet your need.

RE: Embedded forum cut off in IE6

olie
I also have this problem, now there's a "button" at the bottom at the page "view more". but nothing happens when I click on it, just a message at the bottom of the browser that there's error on the page.

RE: Embedded forum cut off in IE6

Hugo <Nabble>
We have fixed that problem and things will work fine after the next release, which should happen soon.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

RE: Embedded forum cut off in IE6

vames
I have had this happen a couple of time in Firefox 3 but a refresh usually sorts it out.
I noticed that the button appeared the other day and also noticed that it didn't work.

So thank you for sorting that.

I am curious to know why it happens?

RE: Embedded forum cut off in IE6

Hugo <Nabble>
It was a small javascript bug. The next release will fix it.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Embedded forum cut off in IE6

pcqc
Hi. I am having problems with the embedded Nabble Forum being cut off in both IE9 and Firefox 4.

I have read the responses in this forum and see I am having the same problems, but with more recent browsers.

I do not see any icon at the bottom of the cut off area.

Is there some way to increase the height of the forum?

Re: Embedded forum cut off in IE6

Peter <Nabble>
Can you please post the address?
Maybe it's something related with your site's layout... have you tried to embed it on a blank page to see if it works? If it does, it's a layout problem on your site.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Embedded forum cut off in IE6

pcqc
The address of the page on which I have embedded the Nabble Forum is http://www.pcqc.org/forum.htm.

I have experimented with some of the parameters in the Nabble forum structure and re-embedded the forum. It is OK for now, but I am sure that the set-up of my web site will eventually constrict the height of the forum. I am using Xara Web Designer to construct my web site.

I was wondering if there is some way I can add the header and navigation bar from my web site to the top of the Nabble forum, so that the viewer is actually being redirected to your site, but it still appears to be my site.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Re: Embedded forum cut off in IE6

Peter <Nabble>
It will be possible after the release of the templates feature.
I'm pretty sure it can be done atm with premium support but I wonder what is the purpose.
If you want your users to feel like they're on your site, why don't you let them be on your site just like the way you are doing now?
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Embedded forum cut off in IE6

pcqc
Because I am afraid that when the forum starts getting a little more lengthy the page will be ct off at the bottom.

I experience that previously.

Regards,

Bob Aagaard
[hidden email]
(520) 393-1214

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Embedded-forum-cut-off-in-IE6-tp2353369p6394706.html
To unsubscribe from Embedded forum cut off in IE6, click here.

Re: Embedded forum cut off in IE6

Rmk82
Since im lazy and wont bother to increase my website length, im using this fix for pages that gets cut off.

Made an example for you: Example

All you do is add this code to your nabble embedded code

The full code will look something like this (my personal forum btw)

This gives you a scrollbar. The scrollbar is hidden untill the content is out of reach. So, when the forum gets to long, the scrollbar will appear. I find it usefull, you might not, anyways, just an easy solution

Good luck

Re: Embedded forum cut off in IE6

Peter <Nabble>
That's nice but since not everyone wants scrollbar on their sites, we leave it up to each one to decide what to do.
Anyway we could not just include it because it would break sites like yours which already implement solutions like this one.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Embedded forum cut off in IE6

Rmk82
well, wasnt ment as a suggestion to add to the nabble source code tho :D Ive seen afew having problems with forums getin cut off when they get to big.
So, its an quick and simple fix for those that accualy dont know how to code their pages Just the way they want it :D

Ive never seen a forum like Nabble that fits more or less every website in exsistance, so please, it was not ment for Nabble :D Dont want to mess that up with my fugly scrollbars. I'ts for us lazy folks!