Embeddable code and HTML Page

Grassroots Granny
I understand how to get the code for embeddables.  But I'm not sure what you mean by "my html page."  I'm not a code person other than to copy and past as in widgets, videos, etc.

Thanks for your help.

"The Constitution protects the public only to extent that the public protects the Constitution."    ----   Thomas Sowell  August 2010

Re: Embeddable code and HTML Page

Peter <Nabble>
You should copy it and paste it on the html code of your page. On the source code.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Embeddable code and HTML Page

Grassroots Granny
I was looking how to embed a Youtube.  I found the "Tips" information and that works.  Am I getting something else mixed up?     When you say my "html page"  Are you saying any page with a text box?

"The Constitution protects the public only to extent that the public protects the Constitution."    ----   Thomas Sowell  August 2010

Re: Embeddable code and HTML Page

Camo
Granny, Any page that accepts Html, aka any page of your website. Html is the source code that displays your webpage on the internet.
If you dont have acess 'under the hood' of your webpage, blog, or wherever you want your forum, you may not be able to embed.

If you have access, you can embed your forum in any of those blocks (I recommend <body>),
If not, you may not be able to embed, but you can still have a forum, by adding a link to your webpage to the nabble version of your forum, that will open in a new tab/page  e.g

*Replace Link with the permalink of your forum.
Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles

Wait a minute. You want to embed a video on a post at your Nabble forum. Is that right?
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Embeddable code and HTML Page

Grassroots Granny
Yes! I saw "tips" and I have to add <nabble_embed>   and ending for every youtube video etc. that I want to embed.  Not entirely new to me since I moderated a forum years ago, but my members may be even more behind in codes than I am.

"The Constitution protects the public only to extent that the public protects the Constitution."    ----   Thomas Sowell  August 2010

Re: Embeddable code and HTML Page

Grassroots Granny
So this is for me to add to my own website if I have code access on my website.  If I create a new HTML page just for the Nabble forum, I can then embed the Nabble code and have it open in a New Window with a tab on at the top of my website for access.

"The Constitution protects the public only to extent that the public protects the Constitution."    ----   Thomas Sowell  August 2010

Re: Embeddable code and HTML Page

Camo
Granny, sorry there is a little confusion on my part.

The <nabble Embed> tags you are now referring to are for embedding videos etc (in post on your forum)

I was referring to the Nabble Embedding Options code found under 'Options>'.

Yes, you can certain create a new html page for your website, and go to  Options > Embedding options from your main forum page, cut N paste the code to your new html page and have that open in a new tab, from a link on your websites front page.

Using that very same setting, you can tick a check box to have your nabble forum visitors, redirected to your new Embedded version on your website.

Best Wishes :)

Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles

Re: Embeddable code and HTML Page

Just one more word of warning...

YouTube recently changed it's approach to the code for embedding videos in other sites.

When using the <Nabble_embed> tags you must use the "Old code" from the YouTube site as Nabble doesn't accept the new YouTube code within those tags.

Re: Embeddable code and HTML Page

Grassroots Granny
OK thanks.  I haven't been on YouTube much lately.  What is the NEW code?  how do I access an OLD code for nabble?

"The Constitution protects the public only to extent that the public protects the Constitution."    ----   Thomas Sowell  August 2010

Re: Embeddable code and HTML Page

Camo
Greg, the new embed code does work fine with nabble embedding, however you must refresh your page before it becomes visible. See below

Granny, if you want the old code, scroll below where you get the code for the video (see below pic)
you will see a check box for 'Use old code'. tick this then cut n paste the old code, it starts with

e.g

For more information click Here

Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles

Re: Embeddable code and HTML Page

GregChapman
I'm out of date! It used not to!

The new code is already working.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Embeddable code and HTML Page

Grassroots Granny
Thanks to both of you.  I appreciate all the input.