Embed YouTube not working

sledger
There are two YouTube embed code types now,  the new <iframe and the old <object tag.
Neither of these codes work inside the nabble_embed tag.
Why is this?

Re: Embed YouTube not working

GregChapman
It's working for me!

Can you copy here the code you have placed in your forum . If using the new style YouTube code it should look something like this:
<nabble_embed><iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AbcD0E12_m4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></nabble_embed>
(depending on the options you selected while at the YouTube site).

Re: Embed YouTube not working

sledger
Using the same code as you are Greg.
Even if I copy and paste your code, nothing appears. Just blank.

Re: Embed YouTube not working

GregChapman
I'd expect you to see something like this:

screen dump
Can't see anything wrong with your code. Seems that it may be a more individual issue. Best I can suggest is to post the URL of your forum and wait for one of the Nabble Team to show.

Re: Embed YouTube not working

joelumelle
i want to ask similiar question with the thread starter.

the weird thing is, i have no probem with video with <iframe code. but when the video has <object style code it won't work. i tried here the same video and it's  worked.
what's wrong with mine??

thanks for your help

Re: Embed YouTube not working

GregChapman
The old style "OBJECT" code is no longer supported by Nabble.

Re: Embed YouTube not working

joelumelle
noted.

thanks for your answer

Re: Embed YouTube not working

RadScaleMS
I'm also unable to embed videos in my forum. I have tried the  code (and now know it's no longer supported) and the <iframe> code with no success. I get the blank message with space for a video the original poster showed. Any recent changes or suggestions?

Thank you.
-Cory

Re: Embed YouTube not working

GregChapman
Things do change behind the scenes in Nabble from time to time. There's been a more recent discussion on the Premium Support forum on this topic. My current understanding is that providing you are only trying to embed videos from the currently supported sites, the EMBED button mentions "Videos from Youtube, Vimeo and LiveLeak." then things should work.

With videos from other sites you need to check the box "Message is in HTML format" (and write your message using appropriate tags for paragraphs, etc and pasting in the < iframe > code from the site) and then Nabble code that identifies a video is more forgiving.

See: http://support.nabble.com/Embedding-Video-Issues-tp6879107p7580865.html

If it still doesn't work you might try posting the video here, or, at least, the code you are pasting.

Re: Embed YouTube not working

Mintrax
Found this thread and I'm having the same problem. Have been embedding youtube videos in the blog for years.

Last few months it just doesn't work.  Using <iframe> inside nabble embeds.

e.g.

Got me beaten

Regards

Michael.

Re: Embed YouTube not working

You're doing it wrong!

You've dropped the "http:" from the URL of the video. Try this:
<nabble_embed><iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xHkq1edcbk4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></nabble_embed>
Then it works:

EDIT: I now realise that it's YouTube's fault. They have tweaked their code and now drop the "http:"

However, the Nabble Team are aware of the issue and we can expect a fix shortly.

Re: Embed YouTube not working

Mintrax
Thanks Greg, much appreciated.

Re: Embed YouTube not working

Pedro
We didn't release the repair at all servers. In the mean time, please, edit your youtube_iframe_regex2 macro:
 <override_macro name="youtube_iframe_regex2">
    <![CDATA[\s*<iframe width="\d+" height="\d+" src="(https?:)?//www.youtube.com/embed/[^"]+" frameborder="0"( allowFullScreen| allowfullscreen)?></iframe>\s*]]>
</override_macro>
My test forum.