Email

KS (Fester)
This post was updated on .
Hi guys!  Like the new options that you have given us on the Guiding Light board, however, some are complaining that when they reply from their email, that the email information shows up in the post.  I don't care for it either.  Is there a way that it won't show up in the post?  Also, I have lost some controls on my board.  I can do longer pin or un-pin others threads.  Why is that?
Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Email

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
KS (Fester) wrote
... however, some are complaining that when they reply from their email, that the email information shows up in the post.  I don't care for it either.  Is there a way that it won't show up in the post?
If a user is using email to reply, then we cannot parse what's in that email, especially the email signature which has no standard format and can be nested in a multiple reply-to situation. But a user can always just click the link at the bottom of the Nabble email to go to the post to reply there - this is the same as the old email alert.

If you really don't like this feature, you can go to your account ->Advanced settings (http://n2.nabble.com/user/Advanced.jtp) and uncheck the alert option. This will leave the "Alert me by email" unchecked when you post, and you won't get any emails for replies.

It takes a little getting used to. Once I get used to it, I actually like to be able to read the whole reply in email, because it allows me to decide on the spot if I want to reply to it or not, this is more efficient than the old email alert which requires me to go to the site.

KS (Fester) wrote
 Also, I have lost some controls on my board.  I can do longer pin or un-pin others threads.  Why is that?
That's a bug. Thank for finding it. We will fix it soon.

Re: Email

KS (Fester)
After I posted to you about the email, one of our other posters discovered the option at the bottom, where it doesn't show all the email info.  Thanks for correcting the bug.  As you can see we have a lot of veiws and posts and I really appreciate you guys taking care of issues for us!

From: "Will <Nabble> (via Nabble)" <[hidden email]>
KS (Fester) wrote:
... however, some are complaining that when they reply from their email, that the email information shows up in the post.  I don't care for it either.  Is there a way that it won't show up in the post?
If a user is using email to reply, then we cannot parse what's in that email, especially the email signature which has no standard format and can be nested in a multiple reply-to situation. But a user can always just click the link at the bottom of the Nabble email to go to the forum to reply there - this is the same as the old email alert.

KS (Fester) wrote:
 Also, I have lost some controls on my board.  I can do longer pin or un-pin others threads.  Why is that?
That's a bug. Thank for finding it. We will fix it soon.

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/Email-tp1473594p1474862.html

Photobucket Photobucket