Email-only subscription does not work

Vladas
I have invited one person to join our discussion yesterday. He accepted subscription by email only, without visiting the website and creating a Nabble member account. His email is on a list of Current Subscribers now, but do not receive community messages. Is this an issue?

I tried to subscribe myself by several of my another email addresses, with the same strange result: I have got invites, but no confirmation messages (although all emails were listed on the Current Subscribers tab).

Re: Email-only subscription does not work

Vladas
Maybe I have found the snag. This discussion is private for community members only. On Options: Users: Who Can View & Post? I have set:

1) Who can view? — • Members (not Everyone);

I think "Who can view" means reading on the Web only, is it true?

3) Who can reply? — • Members (both others, Everyone and Registered Users, are disabled — while viewing is switched for members).

Is it possible to add fourth option for Subscribers here?

Re: Email-only subscription does not work

Vladas
I have posted screenshots of this question on
http://vaizdai.palubinskas.lt/Subscription-by-email-td892905.html

Re: Email-only subscription does not work

Hugo <Nabble>
Thanks for reporting this problem. It will be solved by the next release, which should happen in the next hours. Basically, our code should add the subscriber as a member of the forum when only members can view it (i.e., when the forum is private). The next release won't fix your current subscribers that are not members, so you should add them manually to the members list or re-send the subscription invitation. New invites will work fine.