Email addresses

BillAronson
I am switching from another forum. In my current one as administrator I can see/download all the email addresses of those who subscribe. Is there a way for me to do this in nabble.

thanks

Re: Email addresses

GregChapman
There's a range of options depending on exactly what you want to do. Login as an Administrator and follow the menu options below:

OPTIONS > USERS > MANAGE SUBSCRIBERS
Presents a list which you can "see". You can't "download" it as such but select and copy the data on the page and you find it forms a tab-separated list of the fields:
iconname > userame > address > subscription type
which doesn't take much to process in a decent text editor or spreadsheet so you can extract the addresses alone

However, you say "forum" rather than "mail list" so you may mean the various classes of user, in which case try:

OPTIONS > USERS > MANAGE USERS & GROUPS
Presents a set of pages which list the username and address of the members of your various classes of user. The address itself is always enclosed in angle brackets so, again, it should be easy enough to extract using appropriate software tools.

Re: Email addresses

BillAronson
Thanks - that is excellent.
Can I also import all my current users and assign temporary passwords?

Re: Email addresses

Hugo <Nabble>
This may be possible with a custom script. How many users do you think you have at this point? Do you also plan to import messages from the old forum?

Re: Email addresses

BillAronson
Great!

About 180 users and no I don't need to bring across the old forum. If I can just email everyone and tell them to login at the new address with the temporary password that would be all that is required.

thanks

Re: Email addresses

Hi Hugo,

What's to stop Bill just adding his 180 users to an "Invitees" Group and giving them appropriate permissions.

Wouldn't they then be taken to the register screen to to create their own password on first login?

(I recognise that there is a slight security risk as anyone could login using their address and create a password, but would have thought that would be a sufficiently low risk to ignore if the existing users can't access other members email addresses under Bill's current forum.)

I'm probably missing something obvious!