EU legislation on cookies

Silvana
The new European law says that all websites must comply with the new rules on privacy and cookies. This also applies to the forum. How do I put in my forum a script to display the banner with the warning of the presence of cookies, as required by law? This must be done by June 2. Thanks

http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/cookies/index_en.htm
I'm Italian. Excuse me if I'll make mistakes writing my posts. Ciao
This is my site: "La chiave nel pozzo"..
..and this is my forum: "La chiave nel pozzo - il forum"

Re: EU legislation on cookies

Silvana
I managed it by myself, thank you, but I'd like to know if I have to put all the European countries one by one, or I can put "Europe". Thanks
I'm Italian. Excuse me if I'll make mistakes writing my posts. Ciao
This is my site: "La chiave nel pozzo"..
..and this is my forum: "La chiave nel pozzo - il forum"

Re: EU legislation on cookies

GregChapman
In the UK it is a bit of a joke that other countries can be rather slow at keeping up with EU rules! (It's one of the reasons our government wants things changed! )

I requested this feature in 2012.  See:
http://support.nabble.com/Cookies-New-UK-Legislation-td7500768.html

Go to:

Options > Application > Extras & Add-ons > Privacy and Law > Cookie Law Compliance Solution

and you'll find Nabble's answer.

Now someone from another EU country has requested the feature it may be the moment to suggest Nabble add all the EU countries to the default list.

I am also placing a link in the topic above to draw Hugo's attention to this topic.

Re: EU legislation on cookies

Silvana
  Bravo Greg! I Hope that Hugo will listen to you.
I've read the "Cookie Law Compliance and E-Privacy Directive" of Nabble, but I could not find mention of Third Party Cookies that publish the advertisements  below the post. I know it is obligatory to list these. Ciao
I'm Italian. Excuse me if I'll make mistakes writing my posts. Ciao
This is my site: "La chiave nel pozzo"..
..and this is my forum: "La chiave nel pozzo - il forum"

Re: EU legislation on cookies

Hi Silvana,

I see I may have misread your question. I think you did discover the macro I mentioned in my last post.

I also now think the Macro doesn't do what it should do with its default settings.

The cookie warning should display for any site managed by an EU resident or business to all EU based users.

It seems that is your understanding too, which is why you had to add all the other countries too.

As it stands, it only displays to users in those countries listed in the Macro, currently, just the United Kingdom. That is definitely inappropriate.

If a forum administrator is going to turn the option on I think the default should be to display to users in all 28 countries in the EU, not just the United Kingdom.