EMBED LIST OF SUB FORUMs

patrickmabl1
Hello there!

Im trying to embed the list of subforums but I dont seem to get it and having a hard time.  I want the whole list of subforums to appear on the website I am trying to make.

It seems like it just post one topic that you make and an option of just posting it, visitors need to navigate to have it get listed all, unlike the samples that are posted.  Please help, embedding the whole list of sub forums seem to be confusing

Pat

Re: EMBED LIST OF SUB FORUMs

GregChapman
You need to experiment with the other available applications. At your top level forum, select OPTIONS > EDITOR > CHANGE APPLICATION TYPE.

For example...

Forum:
Displays a list of sub-forums above a list of topics in the forum

Mixed:
Displays headings for any sub-forum and the topics within that sub-forum under each heading

Board:
Displays headings for any sub-forum above headings for topics. Sub-forums are displayed with with their description. Topics are displayed with quotes from replies

If you then choose something other than "Forum" as the application type for a sub-forum the possibilities expand...

It will be easier to help you if you post the URL of the forum you are trying to replicate. It should be possible to work out which application to use for the forum and sub-forums.

Re: EMBED LIST OF SUB FORUMs

mywaytoo
I have used Board here to show all the entries. But I'm still not sure if that is exactly what I want, so I keep changing it around... things look different when they have more entries in them... that's the beauty of Nabble.
Anne

Re: EMBED LIST OF SUB FORUMs

patrickmabl1
Thanks for the support man but I cant still get it.  On my Top level forum, the options are just subscribe via email, embed post and permalink.  No option for editing.

Please help.

Pat

Re: EMBED LIST OF SUB FORUMs

patrickmabl1
Just a not, I want my ebbedding to appear like this http://www.welwynhatfieldcommunity.com/welwynhatfieldcommunity.html#nabble-f2216886

like the sample of one of the people who replied here.  Thank you.

Pat

Re: EMBED LIST OF SUB FORUMs

mywaytoo
Following my page, Our Local Directory in the breadcrumb will show you that Business is a sub-forum.
While displaying Business and Topics View and as administrator, select Options > Editor > Change Application Type > Select Board > Save.
From Topics View, you can toggle to New Topic and Main Page, but I haven't used these yet...

Hope that helps.
Anne

Re: EMBED LIST OF SUB FORUMs

patrickmabl1
THANKS Anne, but my question is how to embed that actual page on my site?

Thanks,
Pat

PS:  That editor I dont seem to see, can you please show me a screen shot?

Thanks a lot.

Re: EMBED LIST OF SUB FORUMs

GregChapman
There have been a number of people complaining of a lack of administrator options recently, and some strange effects being reported. I wonder if you are being affected by something that's gone a little wrong at Nabble.

Re: EMBED LIST OF SUB FORUMs

GregChapman
Just discovered: Lack of Admin options appears to be an issue for Internet Explorer users. Try an alternative browser. I have posted a query on "Nabble Support".