Downtime

Harvey
This post was updated on .
Forum down time really 5 hours?

Any option for mods to remove or edit the notice?

It gives the impression that my entire site will be down, when it is only the forum.

People don't know the site is served by several different servers.

Re: Downtime

Coleen_Astalos
This was a surprise to us as well. It would be nice to have notification of downtime posted here on this support forum in advance so we can let our members know.

How do you turn the page notification back on?  I hit the hide button at some point and so I no longer see them and I don't know how to turn it back on.

Thanks,
Coleen

Re: Downtime

Hugo <Nabble>
Administrator
We have to move that service to another machine. The downtime will probably be ~4 hours.
I changed the message to "This forum will be down...". This should reduce the confusion.
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

Re: Downtime

Coleen_Astalos
How do I get that notification to show again for my account?
Coleen

Re: Downtime

Hugo <Nabble>
Administrator
The downtime notification? Why do you want to use it?
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

Re: Downtime

Coleen_Astalos
What I'm talking about is that I don't think I see any of the notifications anymore.  As some point, I closed the notifications bar and I don't know how to get it back.  I didn't see the notification about downtime, but my business partner did.  So how do I "reset" the notification bar?

Coleen

Re: Downtime

Hugo <Nabble>
Administrator
The notification we used today didn't have a 'close' option. Some notifications have, but they are only for admins (today's notification was for everyone). If you want to bring the admin notification back to your browser, you should delete your browser cookies.
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.