Download Archives problem

erkan
I'm trying to download the archives of my forum. I get a mail shortly after clicking "generate". I follow the link in the mail I recieved, that returns me to the same page, in which there is only a "generate" button, instead of a "download" one. Unfortunately I don't get a page with download link.

This function used to work well, and I was able to take some back ups a few months ago. I wonder if it's just me, and what the problem is.

And I think the archives include only the forum structure and the text data in it. Not the pictures etc. right? Sorry, I'm a bit clueless. But I'd like to experiment with a few other forum softwares, using that back-up file to see the differences.

Thanks in advance,
Erkan

Re: Download Archives problem

Hugo <Nabble>
The backup works for me. Do you still have issues? Can you reproduce it consistently?
erkan wrote
Nabble exports all forums and messages including their images and files. See the "files" field in the help description: http://www.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=54

Re: Download Archives problem

erkan
I understand, but somehow I can't download the back up file.

When I click "generate archive", I get an e-mail shortly after that. But in the e-mail there is a link which leads me to the same screen with "generate archive" button.

Download button does not appear. I assume generating a relatively big forum like ours should take a long time. But for some reason the automated mail arrives into my mailbox shortly after I click generate.

I thought you'd want to hear about this. Thank you again.

Re: Download Archives problem

Peter <Nabble>
There is no download button. There is a link to download it. Do you see the link?
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Download Archives problem

erkan
I click "Start Archive Generation" button. Then I get an e-mail in a few minutes. The e-mail has one link in it ( http://forum.whatisfatmagulsfault.com/forum/Archives.jtp?app=2036725)

I open that link. And the page I get is exactly the same page I saw before, that has "Start Archive Generation" button.

I don't see any download link unfortunately. Is it a bug?

I was able to download the archive before. (A few months ago)

I suspect your browser cached that page. I just went to your forum and generated the archives successfully. The files are ready for download here: http://forum.whatisfatmagulsfault.com/forum/Archives.jtp?app=2036725

If you still don't see the files, try forcing a full page reload (F5).

Re: Download Archives problem

erkan
Hello nabble,

I was able to download to archives this time, but there was a problem you may want to know about.

As usual I first pressed the button "generate archives". A moment later I simply refreshed the page (didn't wait for the e-mail), and I saw about 19 zip files, 10 of which I was able to download. But unfortunately I couldn't download the rest. Somehow, when I clicked on the rest of the zip files to download them, a blank page with 404 error greeted me.

So I refreshed the page again, this time I couldn't see any downloadable zip files. Instead I saw the "generate button" again. All this happened in 5 minutes or so. I thought the archive files were supposed to be available to download for 5 days, not 5 minutes :)

Anyways, I clicked on "generate archives" button again and refreshed the page a minute later, or two. Once again I was able to see the zip files and thankfully download the rest of them. But I tried to refresh the page again and archive files on the page were gone as before, while "generate archives" was again there.

I don't know if it is just me and my browser, but I thought you might want to know.

Thanks again and good luck,
erkan

Re: Download Archives problem

Hugo <Nabble>
Thanks for the information. I believe this was a cache issue again, so I will see if there is anything we can do.