Disabling search engines to index the Nabble domain of my forum

Disabling search engines to index the Nabble domain of my forum

Tobias
I see that every Nabble forum has an own domain given to it by Nabble. I would like to create a forum to embed it into my website, but I wouldn't like users to be able to find it in Google separately with that Nabble domain. Is there a way to set the robot.txt file for the forum to disallow its indexing by search engines?

Re: Disabling search engines to index the Nabble domain of my forum

Hugo <Nabble>
Please click on "Options > Application > Extras & add-ons" and select the "Content | Hide contents from search engines" option.

Re: Disabling search engines to index the Nabble domain of my forum

I'm not sure that what Hugo suggests, will give you what you want. His solution will hide the forum content completely.  There are two further options that may get you closer.

Under: Options > Embedding options > Redirect users
You can ensure that a page found through a search engine will be displayed in a visitors browser within the page in which you have embedded the forum - though the search engine will still show the Nabble domain.

However, if you are a little more technical you should use: Options > Application > Change domain name
This should enable you to give the forum a domain name like: forum.mydomain.com
which I believe will offer exactly what you want.

Re: Disabling search engines to index the Nabble domain of my forum

Tobias
Thanks for both of you!

Indeed, I haven't seen it, but this redirect to the website page with the inframed version plus a custom subdomain setting seems a more effective choice. I like this idea. Thank you!

Re: Disabling search engines to index the Nabble domain of my forum

Helpsuit

Re: Disabling search engines to index the Nabble domain of my forum

Simmias007
That does not seem to be a relevant link, seems to be a redirect. I have seen the website linked included in Yahoo redirect chain FYI https://macsecurity.net/view/259-yahoo-redirect-virus-mac