Disabling "Show/Hide rest of quote"

Gale (Audacity Team)
Hi,

Is there any option to disable show/hide rest of quote (other than some kind of browser script to
turn off javascript for Nabble only)?

I know why it's done but in a highly technical thread, hiding some of the quote can
completely change the meaning of the question being answered (given the bottom
part being hidden is probably the crux of the question).

Gale

Re: Disabling "Show/Hide rest of quote"

GregChapman
I'm not expert enough in NAML but it would appear that editing the macro

js_topic_and_post_functions

might allow you to get rid of the call that shrinks any quote.

Re: Disabling "Show/Hide rest of quote"

Gale (Audacity Team)
GregChapman wrote
I'm not expert enough in NAML but it would appear that editing the macro

js_topic_and_post_functions

might allow you to get rid of the call that shrinks any quote.
Hi Greg

Could you be more specific where I can access those?

I think you mean Edit page at the  bottom then dig around, but where ?

Thanks!

Re: Disabling "Show/Hide rest of quote"

GregChapman
Yes, you use the "Edit this page" link.

On the screen that appears, click the cog wheel button and select "Search macros".

On the Search Macros screen enter the terms required.

(In this case I checked the "Macro source contains" option and tried "show rest of quote". It came up with just the one result! Unfortunately, I don't have the NAML or JavaScript skills needed to hack the code I found there, but I guess some of your guys do! :-) )

Re: Disabling "Show/Hide rest of quote"

Gale (Audacity Team)
GregChapman wrote
Yes, you use the "Edit this page" link.

On the screen that appears, click the cog wheel button and select "Search macros".

On the Search Macros screen enter the terms required.

(In this case I checked the "Macro source contains" option and tried "show rest of quote". It came up with just the one result! Unfortunately, I don't have the NAML or JavaScript skills needed to hack the code I found there, but I guess some of your guys do! :-) )
Thanks, Greg. I deleted the entire function. :=)

Seems to be working OK - now I can see all the cited message without clicking...