Disable delete posts and account

Priyanka_Mallu
This post was updated on .
Hi There,

Please disable "delete posts" option for authors.

Also disable "delete account " option for authors.

I want only me the forum owner/admin to have those options.

Sorry I am reposting the question as I do not know how the premium support works.

This is my Forum
Thank you,

Regards,
Priyanka

Re: Disable delete posts and account

Pedro
Priyanka_Mallu wrote
Please disable "delete posts" option for authors.
Please, edit your can_delete macro like this:
<override_macro name="can_delete" requires="user" dot_parameter="node_attr">
  <n.is_site_admin/>
</override_macro>
Priyanka_Mallu wrote
Also disable "delete account " option for authors.
Do you mean Remove Account? If so, you can edit profile_options macro removing this part of the code:
<n.profile_option>
	<hint><t>Remove your account and all your posts from <t.subject><n.root_node.subject/></t.subject>.</t></hint>
</n.profile_option>

Re: Disable delete posts and account

Priyanka_Mallu
Hi Pedro,

This is perfect, I followed your instructions and able to disable it
Thank you Pedro,I am very grateful to you

Regards,
Priyanka

Re: Disable delete posts and account

Marc Martin
I was just trying to modify the profile_options in a new forum as described above, as I've done this in the past on another forum, but I'm getting the following message:

Error: macro or method for 'put_in_head' not found in [basic, nabble, ad] stack = [basic, nabble, ad]
 in put_in_head(custom_tweak:profile_options:2) - <n.put_in_head.>
 in (custom_tweak:profile_options:1) - <override_macro name="profile_options">

And I get this error even if I make no changes to the code - that is, I select "Override this macro", then "Save Changes"

Re: Disable delete posts and account

Pedro
Please, give me your forum's url.

Re: Disable delete posts and account

Marc Martin

Re: Disable delete posts and account

Re: Disable delete posts and account

Marc Martin
Thanks!  I'm glad you were able to get it to work.  :-)

Marc