Disable Hidden Email

Coleen_Astalos
Is there a way to disable the hiding of email addresses?

This is the problem I'm seeing with this feature....
1) I posted a message to my forum via email.  In my email signature line I have my email address.
2) When it's distributed to the subscribers, it comes across in the email as a [hidden_email]
3) If I click on that "[hidden email] link when I'm viewing the post online, it takes me to an area where it looks like I can send a private message to the person.  But then when I go to send it, I get this error:

4) ) If I click on that link in the email that came via subscription, I get this error:

It would be best for me if I could just disable the hiding of email addresses.  Is that possible?
Coleen

Re: Disable Hidden Email

Pedro
I don't know what happened, my tests went well.
In order to remove the hidden email, go to process_message_html macro and remove the n.process_email line.

Re: Disable Hidden Email

Coleen_Astalos
That fix didn't work entirely.

The email address no longer shows as [hidden email], but it also doesn't display the entire email address - stopping at the @ sign as shown here:

-Coleen

Re: Disable Hidden Email

Pedro
Where is it? Is it inside a topic?

Re: Disable Hidden Email

Coleen_Astalos
Yes, inside a topic.  Here is a link to one: http://sudsol.1100894.n5.nabble.com/Test-of-hidden-email-change-td707.html
Coleen

Re: Disable Hidden Email

Pedro
Please, try again. I didn't see the problem in my tests.

RE: Disable Hidden Email

Coleen_Astalos

I think I've isolated what the problem is.  It happens in a post sent via email.  If the email address is not an active link (i.e a Mailto:xxxx) and just the email address typed in, that is when it doesn't work - it stops at the @ sign.  Check the several posts I made in the same thread you posted to.

Coleen

RE: Disable Hidden Email

Pedro
I checked, but also at my testes via email the address showed complete.

RE: Disable Hidden Email

Coleen_Astalos
Ok, I'm not going to worry about it.  Since I've now realized that it is only with email postings AND that the email address isn't a clickable link when it's sent, since most email programs turn an email address into a clickable link anyway, that makes it pretty slim for it to happen.
Thanks,
Coleen