Digest

Richard Condie
Hi - I used to get my nabble alerts as a daily digest, and they have without warning changed to individual emails. I can't seem to work out how to change my settings back to the Digest format. Can someone help?

Re: Digest

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Sorry, we are phasing out that feature.

Please let us know why you think that feature is useful. Why is reading a digest better than just reading the forum itself?

If you insist on using this feature, you can still do it by go to your forum, and click the search button without writing any search keyword, then you will get a search result that is the posts sorted by the date of posting. This is the digest you got in email. You can simply do this to view all the new posts with snippet. If you want this to go to your email, click the small link "Alert me of new posts" located right after the "Go" button, there you can set a daily alert for new posts which is the digest email you used to get.

Re: Digest

Richard Condie
Thanks for this. I like the feature because I am on a very active forum, and I get overwhelmed by the number of repsonses in a day. I would rather review it all once and then log on the discussions that interest me, instead of getting a trickle all day long.

I will try the method you have suggested.

Re: Digest

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Richard Condie wrote
Thanks for this. I like the feature because I am on a very active forum, and I get overwhelmed by the number of repsonses in a day. I would rather review it all once and then log on the discussions that interest me, instead of getting a trickle all day long.
Yes, I understand this. But my point is that you can simply visit the forum and read the posts there, right? Is it because you just like to do things within email?

Re: Digest

Richard Condie
Oh yeah - I am on email all the time, and I would be less likely to follow the threads if I had to go to the site all the time. Just lazy I guess. These things are supposed make less work not more!:)

Re: Digest

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
ok. You are the 2nd person asking for this digest thing. So, I guess it makes sense. Plus, it's a standard feature in mailing list. So, let me forward this to the team to discuss.

Re: Digest

michael144
The reason I came to the support forum is because I am not receiving the Daily Digest I marked in my preferences.

The Daily digest is good because it acts just like feed blitz or feedburner. It is something that I can send out to my contacts and they can forward it. It is a way to get all activity in one email to attract other users.

Otherwise how are people attracted to nabble....If they get a digest and see something that interests them it is all right there. It is a very common feature in rss to email programs.

Is Nabble hooked to Google search engines ?

The Daily Digest is also very effective if it is attractive. Some digests in other sites look horrible.

Re: Digest

michael144
I just received my first "Daily Digest" and am very happy with how it looks. Very simple and very clean , readable overview of the days activity. As previous posters in this thread have stated, most people when they sign up don't live at the site so they wouldn't know about activity without the individual and Daily Digest options.

In the case of my Nabble site, I am constantly sending hidden news headlines and historical facts about the push for a one world government so individual emails would overwhelm any email inbox which we know is a pain in the wazoo.

As it stands the improvements to Nabble, from a bloggers point of view, give us everything you could want in a blog site and the ability to post to each sub-forum by email is absolute golden. Thank you for your great site as it is everything we need.

Your next goal is a Rich Text Editor and you will have covered it all (had to insert break codes in this message to separate paragraphs)....And free!? Someone pinch me!

P.S. The reason I request Rich text Edit is because to post the following media type I have to go to blogger's editor then copy the HTML ....Not complaining though, most sites won't allow the following media to appear:
The following is Alex Jones' Radio Show
Popout
Great Site Nabble!

Made my own Daily Digest Using Google docs

michael144
All I did was at the end of the day copy my front page and pasted it into my Google docs with my own pretty header and that is what I send out to my contacts. Here it is: My google mail shrank the width to fit and did not mess it up. Perfect!

Demons Dialog & The Mystery of God

News and Forums

Post to Demons Dialog &The Mystery of God
Use Sub-Forums to Post
Topics View

BREAKING NEWS! is a sub-forum

BREAKING NEWS!