Different colors of certain links / font color

1j1

Different colors of certain links / font color

1j1
This post was updated on .
While it has one color to be chosen for all links, is it possible to somehow make certain links to be colored differently?
For example, I have red for all links but on main page in Mixed mode I want tittles of categories & sub-forums & maybe topics to be colored in, say, green.

Re: Different colors of certain links

GregChapman
This looks like the macro that controls the styling of that type of page:

mixed_table_stylesheet

(I just looked at the source of a "Mixed" page and noticed an internal style sheet. I picked this line:
tr.main-row td {
as my search term for macros that contain that phrase, as I guessed that it would be rare.)
1j1

Re: Different colors of certain links

1j1
I looked at that but I don't see anything i could change to get a different color.

Re: Different colors of certain links

GregChapman
Looks like I'll have to think again! :-(
1j1

Re: Different colors of certain links

1j1
Could it be by somehow changing font color in CSS or something like that?

________

Btw, how come this method of changing font color in posts doesn't work on my forum which has white font / lilac background?

Re: Different colors of certain links

Pedro
Did you try css rules or change appearance?
My test forum.
1j1

Re: Different colors of certain links

1j1
I tried to assign a different color via CSS but it sets it for all links.

Re: Different colors of certain links

Pedro
1j1 wrote
is it possible to somehow make certain links to be colored differently?
"certain links" ? You should use css to color each group of links. If you have defined all groups you want in each color I can help you.
My test forum.
1j1

Re: Different colors of certain links

1j1
Pedro, I would like titles of categories, sub-forums & topics in those sub-forums to be colored in white while I have red for all other links.

Re: Different colors of certain links

Pedro
You must find those link's class and paint them with css.
What is your official forum? This one seems to be a "work place".
My test forum.
1j1

Re: Different colors of certain links

1j1
Not sure how to do that correctly. With Firebug for "fghjghjk" @ http://1j1.2328899.n4.nabble.com/ :
And in CSS it assigns same color to all links.
.nabble a:link, .nabble a.not-visited-link {
  color:#EE2885;
}

I don't have official one yet - I'm trying these customizations on that 1j1 forum so if I'll get enough satisfying results, I'll move to Nabble.

Re: Different colors of certain links

Pedro
You may have to select the correct children nodes. Please, take a look here:
http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/sel_nth-child.asp
My test forum.