Detecting login and member status

vokomokum
Dear Support,

We'd like to change some menu options on our website when a member has logged into Nabble and is a member of our forum. Is there a way to detect the login and member status of a person viewing our Nabble app when embedding it in our website? Maybe a js variable that let's us know?

Thanks,
Dan

Re: Detecting login and member status

Hugo <Nabble>
This is not so simple because browsers don't let a page access another page in a different domain. So you won't be able to read Nabble variables from your page. So this requires a more complex solution like accessing Nabble through a REST interface (which is just a URL that returns information in a standard format). So you would have to change your backend to access this page, parse the contents and build the HTML page. Have you thought about this?

I didn't know that there was a REST service.
Where can I find information on how to use it?

Re: Detecting login and member status

Hugo <Nabble>
We have only one REST method, which allows you to add/remove a given user to/from the member's list of your forum. Here you can find more details:
http://n2.nabble.com/API-for-Nabble-2-tp792099p1653228.html

So we would have to build a new method for you. What exactly do you need and how do you plan to access it?