Delete another user's post

VMT Spec
Hi there,

I am the owner of Hanoireal IPC Gallery and/or Forum. I would like to delete another user's post but I can't yet.

Please tell me how to do it.

Thanks
Giang

Re: Delete another user's post

Graham Perrin
Hi

Clicking 'New Post' at <http://n2.nabble.com/Hanoireal-IPC-f2408180.html> confirms to me that you require Nabble users to gain authority, from you, before their first post to that area.

In this instance: could you ask the user to remove or edit their own post?

The normal rules of Nabble are that no user may remove or edit the content of another user. If you like, I can refer you to recent discussions on the subject.

I hope this helps; Nabble support team might like to add something.

Kind regards
Graham

Re: Delete another user's post

Will <Nabble>
You can "remove" a user's post from your forum, but this post will exist in that user's account because it is his property. You can "delete" it, which means that it will no longer exist.

Does this answer your question?

Re: Delete another user's post

VMT Spec
Will <Nabble> wrote
You can "remove" a user's post from your forum, but this post will exist in that user's account because it is his property. You can "delete" it, which means that it will no longer exist.

Does this answer your question?
Thanks guys for your replies!

Yes, I want to remove the post from my forum. I have just tried but I could not find the "remove button"???

When I clicked to the post which i want to delete --> option --> i saw only: subscribe via email, pin topic, reply to author, move post to ..., embed this post, print this post, premalink.

So where is the remove button and how do i remove it???

Thank you very much!
Regards,

Giang

Re: Delete another user's post

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
If you are the owner of the forum, and you are logged in, and you go to the post by another user, at that post level, there is "More" dropdown, click that dropdown, you should see these options:

Ban author
Remove post from topic (or for root post in a thread, "Remove topic from forum")
Move post to...
-----------
Print post

Remove is there. You don't see it?

Re: Delete another user's post

VMT Spec
Will <Nabble> wrote
If you are the owner of the forum, and you are logged in, and you go to the post by another user, at that post level, there is "More" dropdown, click that dropdown, you should see these options:

Ban author
Remove post from topic (or for root post in a thread, "Remove topic from forum")
Move post to...
-----------
Print post

Remove is there. You don't see it?

Thanks Will for your reply!

I can see that in the forum format but in the Gallery format (you can check it in Hanoireal IPC gallery) I could not find it.
There is no "More button" (If in the forum format, this button is next to threaded and reply, right?), there is only Option button which lists those functions as i have mentioned in the post above.

All of the forums which I embed on my site, I am using Gallery format and I redefine who can post.

Please check it out for me!

Thanks!

Administrator
Thanks for reporting this. Looks like a bug. We'll fix it soon. But meanwhile, you can change the format of your forum, remove the post, and then change it back to gallery.

Re: Delete another user's post

VMT Spec
Will <Nabble> wrote
Thanks for reporting this. Looks like a bug. We'll fix it soon. But meanwhile, you can change the format of your forum, remove the post, and then change it back to gallery.
Yes, that's it. Thanks Will.

I have asked the user remove the post by himself.

Please fix the bug then!!!

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
aka_G

Re: Delete another user's post

VMT Spec
Hi Will,

Has the bug been fixed yet?

Thanks

Giang

Re: Delete another user's post

VMT Spec
Hi nabble,

help me to fix the bug then!!!

tks heaps

Chrs

Re: Delete another user's post

VMT Spec
Hi there,

Plz fix this bug!!!!

aka_G wrote
Will <Nabble> wrote
Thanks for reporting this. Looks like a bug. We'll fix it soon. But meanwhile, you can change the format of your forum, remove the post, and then change it back to gallery.
Yes, that's it. Thanks Will.

I have asked the user remove the post by himself.

Please fix the bug then!!!

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
aka_G

Re: Delete another user's post

Hugo <Nabble>
We have fixed it, but you must wait for the next release, which should happen soon.