Default link suggestion

Re: Default link suggestion

Hugo (Nabble)
What do you mean by "doesn't reload"?
Does it go to the forum front page or nothing is displayed?

By the way, I could finally reproduce the other problem (breadcrumbs open in new window). Your previous post gave me the right information. We will fix this soon.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Default link suggestion

Dave :-)
Sorry, I meant nothing displays, just a big white box! Luckily, I have a button over where it loads which will reload it anyway, so not quite as important. Thanks for the help.

Re: Default link suggestion

Hugo (Nabble)
Hi Dave,

We have fixed the problem, but the fix will be available only after the next release (it should happen in the next hours).

Thanks for reporting this bug.
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Default link suggestion

Dave :-)
Thank you, all working again now!
Swinging wildly back on topic {:-) } What about this link buisness?
I've been looking at loads of articles similar to the ones you posted, and the response from ordinary users is allways overwhelmingly against external links opening in the same window. The only people who still want this seem to be a few old school web designers. So do we let people have what they want, or impose an unpopular and outdated system on them against their will?

Re: Default link suggestion

Get Out in Byron Bay
How is it going with this topic?
I'm new to Nabble and have just noticed someone linking from my forum to an external site. I'd love the option to set external links to open in a new tab. I don't want to encourage people leaving my site.

Re: Default link suggestion

Dave :-)
Alas, the old school dinosaur thoughts on web behavior seems to have won the day on this one. Shame, as it is a serious flaw in an otherwise brilliant setup, and massively compromises it's usefulness
Still, if a few more people hassle for it..................

Re: Default link suggestion

Get Out in Byron Bay
Fingers crossed!

Kind regards,
Kate Newton
http://www.getout.net.au

The fine print: Information in this email is intended for the addressee only. Photographic, graphic and literary works created by Kate Newton are protected by copyright. Please do not reproduce, adapt or transmit any files attached to this email without prior consent.

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Dave :-) [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Alas, the old school dinosaur thoughts on web behavior seems to have won the day on this one. Shame, as it is a serious flaw in an otherwise brilliant setup, and massively compromises it's usefulness
Still, if a few more people hassle for it..................

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Default-link-suggestion-tp2292778p4253090.html
To unsubscribe from Re: Default link suggestion, click here.

Re: Default link suggestion

Hugo <Nabble>
I'm happy to announce that this is now a configuration under "Options > Editor > Change appearance". There you can find a "Open links in a new tab or window" check box (see "Extra Features").
12