Customize Search Bar?

Re: Customize Search Bar?

Gary Lewis
I was actually in the header code when I put those strings in, and while it may not have been the best way to do it, it does appear to have worked.  I just searched for "documentation" and it found 45 instances.  Turns out that the forum has that word in a description at the top of the page.  There are 32 pages to the main section, and it found every one as well as 13 other places where that word is used.

I did some other searching and it seems to be finding those things as well.  So I think it is ok.

As for how long it takes, it is usually 2 hours and 2 minutes these days, although it is taking a bit more as time goes on since the forum and the documentation part of the website are growing.  Each piece is about 1.7 Gb when I back them up, and growing.

I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Customize Search Bar?

GregChapman
Hi Gary,
Gary Lewis wrote
I was actually in the header code when I put those strings in, and while it may not have been the best way to do it, it does appear to have worked.
My mistake! Looking again, I see the two tags do wrap around the menu code - and more - the entire header.

I was expecting them to be placed somewhere inside the < div id="header"> tag, but thinking about it, it makes more sense to do what you have done.
As for how long it takes, it is usually 2 hours and 2 minutes these days, although it is taking a bit more as time goes on since the forum and the documentation part of the website are growing.  Each piece is about 1.7 Gb when I back them up, and growing.
Again, you are probably right to expect it to take a while. I don't have topics with replies numbering in the thousands. I guess you are having to take one of the paid options to get your forum fully indexed.

Re: Customize Search Bar?

Gary Lewis
Greg - I'm not paying anything.  But I do remember having to have a discussion with the Freefind folks to get them to up the number of lines, or whatever, so it would index my site.  I wonder if it still is.  I think I'll check with them.

Or, is there a way to tell from the logs if it stopped short?
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Customize Search Bar?

GregChapman
Gary Lewis wrote
Or, is there a way to tell from the logs if it stopped short?
I would swear that they did but I cannot provide proof.

I've indexed a good number of times over the last few days and I'd swear at least one said something about being incomplete and referring me to pricing structure, but that one doesn't appear in the "Available Indexing Logs" page.

Indeed, all those that do appear have a statement "document limit: n/a " line in the Spider Summary.

Re: Customize Search Bar?

Gary Lewis
I just looked through the latest log.  The only instances of "error" or "fail" were in the text it found, not a status.  And there was no instance of "incomplete".
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/
12