Customization Question

Harvey
Here is the NAML code that creates the title tags for my PEOPLE pages (I think?):

When I can edit NAML, if I delete lines 47 -54 then will the title tag will revert to the default?

And ... wil there be a way to "Preview" changes before you hit "Save?"

Re: Customization Question

Peter <Nabble>
You are right about deleting those lines.
We don't plan to have a preview feature yet. We advise users to create a test app to try their changes before applying them to the main site.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Customization Question

Harvey
Ultimately what I want to do is remove my title tag customization code and do the top level modifications through the CMS (change title and meta) feature.

Either I can do that through NAML or you guys could do it for me.

When you use "change title and meta" does it write a macro override into the NAML?

Re: Customization Question

Peter <Nabble>
I can remove it if you want. Just say it.

No, it doesn't override a macro. It saves a value in our database.

Do you want us to remove all title tags or just the one from People's page?
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Customization Question

Harvey
I'm just a bit nervous about making a mistake.

What I want is to set the top level Forums/Newpaper nodes myself. Would actually like the leave the ones I've set through the new "change titles and meta" feature.

And then have every individual post be either:

{post title} | NY Ski Magazine

or

{post title} | NY Ski Forum

depending on where it is.

I'd also like to keep and other customization I've made through "change titles and meta."

Is the possible?  Do you understand what I am asking?

Re: Customization Question

Peter <Nabble>
Yes, I think I do. I'll have to take a look to see what is the best way to do it. I'll get back to you.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Customization Question

Hi Harvey, as you know, you already can override the title for your apps and posts with our "Change title and meta tags" feature. When you save a new title, the system uses the value you defined. If you revert your changes, the title will go back to the default value (created by NAML). Note that such feature is not available for the people page, so you should either change it with NAML or give us the exact sentence to be displayed so that we can change it for you. Since SEO is also about experimenting and trying different values to see which one ranks best, we encourage you to try changing the NAML for those titles. Editable NAML should be available this week and you can start slowly. Just let us know what you think.

Re: Customization Question

Harvey
Hugo - are the members pages noindex? I can't make them come up in Google even if I Google the exact title tag.

I'm hesitant to experiment with NAML (when it happens) as I am concern that without a preview or some way to try things that I could bring my apps down with a mistake.  Maybe that will change when I see it.

Also hesitant to ask for non-critical help right now as I'm sure you are busy with NAML and I don't want to give you more to do until NAML is fully launched and stable. We are coming to our busy season and it's my goal to get to a stable apps as fast as possible right now.

Re: Customization Question

Peter <Nabble>
The link to it is nofollow.

I gave you a few hints to try the changes safely. Even if you don't want to deploy them during the season you might want to try them anyway on a test forum and have your changes ready for when the season is over.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.