Custom work not compatible with templates?

Custom work not compatible with templates?

Harvey
Guys - I was wondering if I should revert some of the custom changes we've made?

I was trying to edit title tags/meta for the "members online" page and I came across this:

Re: Custom work not compatible with templates?

Hugo <Nabble>
You were not supposed to change the title/meta tags of the "online members" page. That feature is not available on that screen. How did you do this?

Re: Custom work not compatible with templates?

Harvey

You are right it can't be changed.  Didn't stop me from trying though.

:)

Still did.get the error though.  Got it when I looked into the how naml generates this page link.

(via mobile)

On Sep 5, 2011 6:19 PM, "Hugo <Nabble> [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You were not supposed to change the title/meta tags of the "online members"
> page. That feature is not available on that screen. How did you do this?
>
> -----
> Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

Re: Custom work not compatible with templates?

Harvey
Having lots of issues today.  Seeing this message a lot:

Re: Custom work not compatible with templates?

Peter <Nabble>
This issue has been fixed now.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Custom work not compatible with templates?

Harvey
I'm going to assume it wasn't specific to my app?

Re: Custom work not compatible with templates?

Still having this issue:

Harvey44 wrote

Re: Custom work not compatible with templates?

Hugo <Nabble>
Fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Re: Custom work not compatible with templates?

Harvey
From the NAML documentation:

Versioning
Since users will be able to change the NAML code of their apps, Nabble must have a way to safely update its core (NAML and java classes) without breaking the user changes. The idea is to release new versions independently of the old versions and let users upgrade their custom code when they have time. Nabble will support a fixed number of versions and users will be forced to upgrade their code when they reach a version that is not supported anymore. For now, serious users should contact the Nabble premium support in order to maintain their changes up-to-date and not worry about core upgrades.

Can you guys explain what this means? It sounds like we should remove as much of my custom applications changes as possible?

No, this applies only to changes that you make through the NAML editor (to be release soon). NAML code that we (the Nabble team) create for premium users will be always up-to-date. No need to worry about that.

Re: Custom work not compatible with templates?

Harvey
Thanks Hugo.
HTTPS Please!