Custom domain name with embedded forum

avd

Custom domain name with embedded forum

avd
I've read through the help topics on using a custom domain name and I have a couple of questions:

What I'm looking for is to host a nabble forum/blog on a page of my site but still retain credit for traffic in search results/page ranks for my domain. (Greedy, huh?)   Would that be true if I embed the forum and do all the required name changes? In other words, if I look at the "frame info" of the forum, I'd like to see "mysite.com/forum" not "nabble2.........". In other, other words, the best of both worlds.

I should add I love nabble-one of the best apps I've found for simplicity and functionality.

GET MORE OUT OF OFFICE 365!
Custom applications and site design.
Blogs, drop down menus, image galleries and more.
webbrewers.com
Our Nabble forum

Re: Custom domain name with embedded forum

Hugo <Nabble>
Yes, you would have all URLs in your own domain. But this feature is not ready yet (although the help articles are there) because it affects another feature we are working on (templates) and we want to make sure we have the right code before letting our users touch them. So please wait a few weeks while we finish these details.
avd

Our Nabble forum
avd

Re: Custom domain name with embedded forum

avd
Bump.
Any news on this?
Thank you.
webbrewers.com
Our Nabble forum

No. We still need one or two months to finish the details.
avd

webbrewers.com
Our Nabble forum

Re: Custom domain name with embedded forum

Hugo <Nabble>
Yes, sub-domains work fine. Just add an A-record that maps the sub-domain to the given IP:

officeliveanswers => nabble-ip

After a few hours, you should be able to click on "Options > Editor > Change domain name" and set officeliveanswers.webbrewers.com as the domain of your forum.

Re: Custom domain name with embedded forum

Planet Jackson
Has there been any progress on this?  I would like to see this too, as well as the option to remove the "free embeddable forum" language and just leave "powered by Nabble" or something similar.
Site Administrator Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Custom domain name with embedded forum

Hugo <Nabble>
The custom domain feature is ready, but templates are not available yet.